1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, Jun 6, 2013.

1. mich746

mich746 Member

May 2, 2013
    I getting ready to purchase my first high-end trap gun, probably a unsingle/combo.

I need a 14" LOP. With an adjustable comb and a recoil device is this going to be a problem? Is there any model/brand/style that would be more favorable to getting this stock measurement. I know some of these stock guy's can work magic, but don't want to make it harder/more expensive than it has to be.
    Thanks, Mike
  2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

May 3, 2008
    Won't be a problem!
  3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Consider a Kolar. If you are buying a new gun, Jeff Mainland will custom make you a stock for around $900, if needed. You get upgraded wood for that price. You will not likely need a recoil reduction device with the custom stock. I shot my Kolar originally with a PFS and went to the custom wood stock ... I can shoot Super Handicap shells all day long. I've had two surgeries on my right shoulder and no pain when shooting my Kolar Custom stock. Jeff does a great job. Bill Malcolm
  4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    No matter what gun you buy, there are plenty of cut stocks out there with mechanical devises on them to choose from. May take a while to find one, but you can save yourself some big money. If you look at the used gun market, they will be much easier to find, and a whole lot cheaper. Be patient.
  5. 682b

682b Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The only real problem is deciding what your first dedicated competition gun will be. The second hard choice will be new or lightly used. Your last choice will be your LOP. That can be manipulate by oh say 1/2" just by changing recoil pads. This will be your most inexpensive and positive change you can make. Generally under 100.00 installed. At his time you can talk to the installer about pitch. So by now you may be overwhelmed by choices. Just do your home work and enjoy the experience. Jim AKA BigBoy, I will answer questions via PM if I reasonably can. Remember these opinions are just opinions and should be treated as such.
  6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    For economy get a Beretta 682 Un-single combo and have a Slick Slide Recoil System installed, you will be happy.

Gary Bryant
  7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mike, this is how the road went for me, and most likely most others.

after the gas guns, BT-100's various ill fitting O/U's I finally bought a

Perazzi MX- 15.$$$$ after 2 years, I was at the Grand and found Wenig had a perfect fitting LH stock for my gun.$$$$

So, I'm suggesting either get the Kolar with fitting, or, get a Perazzi MX-something without wood, and have DeVault, Wenig, or another top grade stockmaker make you a stock that's for YOU. Your very own, personal, won't fit anyone else stock...

I guarantee you'll spend less in the big picture...

Jim Chapman