1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Positioning Systems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HIGHLAND CREST STOCK FITTERS, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HIGHLAND CREST STOCK FITTERS

HIGHLAND CREST STOCK FITTERS TS Member

I am Jim Olivant and I have been a custom stock maker and professional stock fitter for 35 years. Recently I have been using parts and ribs made by Stock Positoining Systems on Long Island. His Web site is www.stockpositioning.com. In my opinion his hardware is better than anything else on the market today. He has taken the existiing hardware and made really nice improvements to it. Not only that but he is selling them cheaper than anyone else. His add-on ribs are really nice. He makes ribs to match the rib patterns for each manufacturer and he makes ribs to 1 1/2" high. He is also making a new clamp-on rib. I have used his parts for a few months and my customers are really pleased with his products.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Clickable.

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

If they are so great why aren't major gunsmiths using them? Why won't brownells sell their products? Not being ugly, but I'm curious.
    Jimmy

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Went to their site. Looks like quality hardware but not a huge difference from Graco comb hardware by the pics prices are slightly cheaper. They can't spell Beretta though........

5. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Benchrest,
    Looks like exact copies of graco to me. I bet this guy won't last 6mo and you'll never see them anywhere but this poorly designed website. Doubt anyone doing stockwork will risk using them either.
    Jimmy

6. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

"Not being ugly, but I'm curious. Jimmy"

Second Post.

"I bet this guy won't last 6mo and you'll never see them anywhere but this poorly designed website. Doubt anyone doing stockwork will risk using them either. Jimmy"

Got ugly pretty quick eh Jimmy?

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

jimmyC. That's embarassing.

8. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I wasn't being ugly. Just think I'd rather have the real product with the customer service rather than a copy w/lots of unknowns. Just my opinion but thanks for your concern doc.
    Jimmy

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jim. the guys spend real money to design a product (lots of things are copied), arranges for manufacturing, spends 5 grand on a web site (that I thought was well done) has a capable gunsmith tell us the products are well built and yo diss it. Stop an think about your actions. We see these negative guys all the time at clubs and call them worse than embarrassing. You should rethink your posts on this thread. Or just delete and go

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said it better myself Jack. Thank you.

Rick in MT

11. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

I can't vouch for any of their products and I'm not trying to promote them either but I don't see anything wrong with their website design. Yes they spelled Beretta wrong, but I doubt they'll lose any sales over it.

They aren't the first and they certainly won't be the last to copy existing designs. Only time will tell if they’ve really improved on the existing designs. Product quality and service always speaks for itself, especially in this community.

Thanks,

Pat

12. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Same day shipping. Made in New York. Lifetime warranty.

Looks good to me. I hope that anyone tring to run a business in NYS makes it.

Nick

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

For what its worth, is Graco not American made too though?? I thought they were in Arkansas or someplace close. I'm not insinuating anything negative about this other company.

14. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Mia,
    I'm not deleting crap. I posted my opinion sorry if you don't agree. I'm not being negative I just prefer the best and not just copies of it. Thanks.
    Jimmy

15. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I am all for any American Manufacturer. And if some guy in New York is starting up a business to provide products to the shooting community, well, God bless him. I hope that this company is a success and puts some more Americans to work in the process. I feel the same way about all the other American entrepreneurs that visit this site and tell us about their wares. I try to patronize them. If these products were made in China I would not give them a second look.

Like Remstar311 said, made in America, same day shipping, lifetime warranty, what's not to like? And I do not think anyone here will argue the fact that the price of $119 for the ribs is a great bargain.

I have been considering a higher rib. I will pull the trigger for $119. Let's just see how this company performs. I will order a rib and I will document the process from placement of order to installation completion. If the service is bad or the product is inferior, I will say so. If the service is good and the product is as advertised, I will report that. I will include photos in the report as well. I live in Southern Ohio. I have no affiliation with this company what-so-ever so you can count on an unbiased and factual review of my experience.

I will order a ¾ inch rib Monday. I will machine some new posts for my comb ¾ inches larger then I have now. Should keep my POI the same. This ought to be a fun little project without a lot of risk or loss of high dollars.

16. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Good luck doc. If you need a tapered one order from keensites.
    Jimmy

17. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I have purchased and had 2- 1/2" rib extentions installed on my K-80 combo after Mr Olivant Installed a new stock on it. He also used the new comb hardware. VERY PLEASED with Mr. Olivants work, he is extremely knowledgeable and a SKILLED Craftman. I am confident he would only use quality components and would not recommend products that were inferior. So far I am very pleased with the new ribs and hardware. Mr Olivant has been doing EXCELLENT stock for myself and my critical wife for years, he has an A+ reputation on Long Island and is known as a real gentleman. Maybe people should listen to experts like him and take advantage of new quality parts while saving a little money. I hope I did not miss spell any words, if I did I quess the English Professor will post my errors.

18. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I'll bet you a $100 its never sold by a major dist like Brownells. Lifetime warranty won't do any good when he's out of business.
    Jimmy

19. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

The owner of the company contacted me about 2 weeks ago and I liked the guy right away....and for me to like someone right off the bat is a rarity (that said, it's an even bigger rarity for someone to like me right off the bat). I've been in the car biz for a long time and have learned a thing or two about the human animal and know the when and where about red flags popping up in a fairly short order. None did and this guy impresses me and what's more is the equipment at his disposal. Top notch, to say the least.

I wish Stock Positioning Systems all the best. It's great to have another "Made in USA" choice for the clay shooting public.

JMHO.

20. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Benchrest, I meant no offense to you and took none. It's just a conversation it's not at all personal.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
highland crest stock fitters
jim olivant gunfitter
stock positioning system

stock positioning systems

stock positioning systems review
stock positioning systems reviews
stockpositoningsystem
trap gun stock positioning systems