1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock pitch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I found a great LH stock for my Kolar but the pitch is different from the RH stock it replaced. The new stocks pitch is about 90 degrees to the top of the rib, my old stock was not as square. Problem is the new stock bites a little bit, sore cheek bone after 300 rounds, old stock didn't. How do I find the right pitch or is it something else? It sure feels like it fits great.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Very likely the pitch is the problem. As a test, put a couple of flat washers under the recoil pad, so it has similar pitch to your old stock. If that takes the cheek bite away, make a permanent alteration. Bill Malcolm

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

The pitch is correct FOR YOU when, with the posture used when your gun fires, the entire pad, top to bottom, makes simultaneous contact with your shoulder pocket when you mount the gun with the heel even with the top of your shoulder.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.