1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Needed For Young Trapshooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HUNTER64, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

I have a son who got a cynergy trap combo last fall. The wood on this gun is way to pretty to cut on so I am in need of a stock for it to take a couple inches off of.. I checked with Wenig and a custom stock is 1200$. I cannot invest that in a stock for just 2 or 3 years. I am open to options, I can even finish it for the short time he will need it. Any help is much appreciated... Thank You
    T.J.
    ""Broke Trap Dad of 2""

2. bubba68

bubba68 Member

If you are willing to finish it yourself, did you ask Wenig the cost of a semi-inletted stock? Several years ago, mid-90's, he would sell them for $100 - $150 (for a Citori/BT-99 - this was before Cynergy's were made). No finish, no checkering and you had to be willing to do a little inletting with a dremel. I knew a couple of guys that did this.

PS, I understand what it is like being a broke trap dad - except I'm a broke golf dad, which financially can be worse!

Good luck.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

bubba has the right idea

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Is this the one with the weird looking recoil pad. If so they make the pad in 3 sizes short, medium, long and they sell for about $30 give or take. You may get by with a shorter pad.

Also check with some of the stockmakers. They may have a take-off that they can cut down for you pretty cheap.

--- Chip King ---

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The one inexpensive option that comes to mind is to install a Graco or SPS adjustable lengh of pull recoil reducer. With a thin pad you could take the dimentions down by about 1 3/4 and still return to the origional LOP.

Joe Goldberg

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The cynergy combos I have seen, have a traditional butt stock and an adjustable comb. You say you need to take a couple inches off. I don't see being able to modify that stock down 2 inches. A shooter at our club ordered a trap stock from Browning for his Cynergy and it was spendy. You may need to put this gun away until he grows into it. How small is the young one? This is a $5000 adult gun. Maybe invest in a good youth gun, Beretta 391RL or Micro BT-99. Mark

7. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

Thanks for the replies, I think I will call wenig again. I am starting to lean towards a graco my 10 year old has one on his combo so I may go that route.....I was really wanting to leave this stock factory so when he is a little bigger he has his choice to do as he wants..these boy's are shooters and I love watching and coaching so I try to do what is right to make them better shooters Thank you for the help so far
    T.J.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Yea, cutting a stock is permanent. I would try to find a replacement. Cut that one if you have to. I cringe at the thought of cutting original wood. But that is just me. Jon

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If you start them shooting with a graco or sps which is identical to the gracoil adj lop; they will probably want to keep shooting with one.

I would also call browning about a replacement stock I'm guessing their around $600 much better than the 1200 option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.