1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Market DIVE

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by XP100, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I sure hope Europe gest their financial problems fixed. I hear thats the reason the stock market is losing big time. Nothing to to with the recent election. What do you think?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The problems in Europe have been around for quite awhile. HMB

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I think we're going to drive over a cliff.

The liberals whine about Bush's war spending but that pales in comparison to Obama's deficit spending.

In fact, Zero the Clown promised to get us out of Afghanistan and yet we're still there and more money has been spent under the Obama administration for that war than the Bush administration. Where are the liberal complaints about this?

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You might want to look up some numbers Brian!

Big time investors getting out before the tax increases of the fiscal cliff, to avoid the old taxes! Would have happened no matter who won the Presidency. Go short, if it is not already to late. That is what I think.

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Over 600 points lost since the election. Just reflects what is thought of the future. BT100dc

6. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

It's a buying opportunity. Joe

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And we can still look forward to the "Barakaclaus Rally" the last week in December.

Bob Falfa

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

As you say, it will be one heck of a Santa Claus rally this year if they do come up with an agreement before the first of the year, avoiding the cliff.

9. TF

TF Active Member

I believe the market is a true reflection of our economic situation. The administration can't manipulate (lie) about the figures like it can with unemployment, GDP, growth, etc., all government supplied figures. Money can be made still in this market, but most will lose instead. I dumped most of my portfolio at 9am 11/7. I put the order in before going to bed the night before. I am at this point fairly well ahead and will wait until I feel there is some bottoming out before getting back in and that my not be for some time. I did the same thing after the last presidential election and did very well getting back in at the bottom. It's a big risk but even if it all goes away I'll still be breathing.

Tom Frazer

10. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

now is a good time for the Dems to sell their houses and buy stocks. Putting their money where their mouths are at.

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I agree with those who think its mostly investor's taking some profit of the table prior to the expiration of the lower capital tax gain rate. They'll probabaly hold onto their cash and buy back in later when it drops more. That is what I would do if I was heavy in the market. I think it will be a better buying opportunity around the 2nd week of December.

Geez, didn't anyone learn anything from Eddie Murphy's dissertation of why the market would go lower around Christmas time in Trading Places. Learned everything I know about the market from that movie. :)

12. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

There will be more fine print in Obamas tax cut for the 98% than are hidden costs in Obamacare. Thats whats driving this market!

13. schwabby

schwabby Member

The fiscal cliff only exists if you believe in Keynesian economics, and if you do you are almost certainly a Democrat, so you have nothing to worry about. I mean, how could austerity measures actually hurt the economy. That's akin to suggesting expansionary measures could help the economy, and ya'll know the stimulus was a total failure.

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Schabby

You ok?

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Looks like Schwabby jumped ship

16. schwabby

schwabby Member

i guess it takes intelligence to detect sarcasm. do you actually know what the fiscal cliff is ?

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This is entertaining. Let me get some popcorn first, schwabby, then you tell us what it is.

18. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

You can bet that the senate and president will come up with a smoke and mirrors fix, and the house will cave in and go along with it. That way when we go over the cliff , Obama will say "We are really flying now" Good times are here again--da-da-da.

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like buying electric utility stocks, the one thing everyone does when they get home is turn the power on. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.