1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Lock System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pulllit, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulllit

pulllit Member

JGS,

Ditto on what Roger C. has posted above except for the doubles. I only have the Stock Lock on my SBT. My buddy has the exact same gun with a Pro Soft and with the same shell there is a bit more recoil with the Pro Soft. Not much, but there is a trade off as his is "maintenance free" and my Stock Lock requires a annual check.

Maintenance consists of replacing 4 small ball bearings and applying lube. The adjustment is easy and the entire process takes about 15 minutes.

I have owned many of the recoil systems (PF, Soft Touch, etc) and I consider the Stock Lock the best. As always on this forum, YMMV

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I don't own one but I have shot several and they perform well for singles and caps but they seem to torque too much for doubles. It was hard for me to recover on the second shot, but that's just me. Plus I think they are a little pricey, but again everyone to their own.

3. pulllit

pulllit Member

Note to those who do their own maintenance. I have found that disc brake caliper lube works best on my Stock Lock. Again, on this forum, YMMV

4. pulllit

pulllit Member

kgun_shooter brings up an important point about torque. I purchased my SBT with a Stock Lock used and it had a torque feeling reaction until I got the stock adjusted for a perfect fit.

5. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

JGS.

After having both shoulders totally replaced, Doc said Trapshooting days are over.

I was not prepared to accept his decision, e-mailed Pat and had a Stock-Lock made for my K-80, pretty big deal for me as I live in Sydney, Australia.

Pat made the stock e-mailed me to say it was ready and I flew over for the fitting, that was October 09.

Best money I have ever spent, shoot every weekend with no Stock or medical issues, if its good enough for Big Leo its good enough for me.

I may now have similar equipment to Leo but similar "ability" thats a whole other story.

Yours in sport................Gary Kennerson. Downunder.

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

I have Pat's Stock Lock stocks on all my trap guns, Silver Seitz, Perazzi [2] Blaser I have had all the rest these are the best. All the people who have tried the above guns are amazed at the low recoil. as far as doubles, you will never ,out run the Stock Lock, I have purposely fired as fast as I could not even shooting at pair, just into a field, no problems. incinerate em!

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "torquing" ? Ive been shooting both of mine for 7 years and as far as I can see there's no way it can torque unless you loosen all the fasteners.

8. pulllit

pulllit Member

Barry,

Maybe a bad choice for a word but improper stock fit (angle of recoil pad, height of pad, etc) can result in a bounce off the shoulder that causes the muzzle to flip or twist. It is not much but an observer watching over the shoulder can spot it.

The Stock Lock uses coil springs to absorb the recoil with a secondary spring assembly that stops some of the rebound. Other recoil devices use a hydraulic cylinder along with a single coil spring.

After getting my stock adjusted for a perfect fit, the slight muzzle flip/twist/torque went away. What I am describing is a "very small" amount of movement to the barrel end. Something the shooter would never know was happening. My shooting buddy has been around this game for many years and he noticed the movement right off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lockstockrecoilsystem

mccarthy stock lock system adjustment

stock lock system