1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Lock System gun stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hubcap, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Leo Harrison told me that he really likes his and thinks it is far superior to the Gracoil or RAD system as you cannot compress the stock when pulling it into your shoulder.

FWIW

hubcap

2. Trapgeezer

Trapgeezer TS Member

It is quite a cash outlay. I have no idea where you are but is there any possibility of trying one before you buy?

3. cat

cat TS Member

Try a Griggs. Mine was about $200.00 I think. I got one for my 3200 and have never felt anything.

Cat

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I went to the PFS and had wood grip and comb made. I have had to augment with a rubber pad under my shirt...obviously my shoulder problems are rather severe, but to have laid out $4000.00 and still have to augment would have really set me off. Try the PFS before you spend that money...IMHO.

JON

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Have two. Love both. Needed to learn how to adjust. Pat taught me and now I'm completely spoiled.

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

As Barry said, Pat will help you on initial setups, you'll get detailed instruction sheets that you can use should the need arise, also don't forget the price includes a complete beautiful stock, not just an add-on recoil reducer as in other systems! incinerate em!

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The only downside to the "Stock-Lock" is that they are a little maintience itensive. They work very well, but if you shoot a lot they need to be worked on. All of the big time shooters that shoot them visit Pat's booth quite a bit at the big shoots.

ec90t

8. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

I found Pat to be very hard to talk to and he acted like he didn't give a dam I was even there. So I didn't buy one, even though I did like the design.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My shoulder neck/shoulder was a problem till I got the Stock Lock. Pat said he would go thru it any time for $50.00. Well worth it to me. 10,000 rounds , and have not made any adjustments in the system, but I will send it to him this winter to go through it. I have PFS on my doubles gun, and you can feel it move more than the stock lock. I have it set fairly tight.

10. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

JW_OHIO,

The main thing that ticked me off was that I told him I wanted to buy one and he still acted like I didn't even exist. About 30 minutes of him walking around and ignoring me was enough and I left.

11. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

OK here's the real deal.

The Stock-Lock system is NOT maintance sensitive, but needs to be relubed once a season, that's all. Directions supplied with system.

It is so far superior to anything else in actual use and recoil elemination there is not even a debate. And nothing in the stock moves until the shot is fired.

I called Pat McCarthy @ Dawson Enterprises's in Ohio @ 1-330-833-0014 and ordered the system. As I live in Arizona and a good friend of mine builds a lot of these stocks for Pat, I made an appointment with Phil Simm's in Glade Park, Colorado @ 1-970-523-9566 for a fitting. I knew where I wanted the gun to shoot ( 70/30 @ 40 yards ) and that's exactly what Phil made the stock do.
    The stock was fit on a new Kreighoff Trap Special with top single, which I also bought from Pat.

The results have been fabulous, it is the best money I have spent as I have a bad back and like to shoot the Remington Nitro's. I would have had to shoot a lot lighter shell without Pat's Stock-Lock.

The KEY is knowing where you want the gun to shoot, I wonder how many shooters know your personal point of impact. I would guess damm few. I also ran a 100 from the 27 ONE WEEK TO THE DAY AFTER RECEIVING THE FINISHED STOCK. This after a four year retirement from ATA shooting.

Buy one, you will be very pleased with the results.

Tom Strunk

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

DB, me too since he don't miss much in any game! That includes the feathered kind and whats considered tough clay targets!

Tom, two of my guns are broken down again, how bout "borrin yers" again and a few boxes of good ammo for the AG? :) Hap

13. lacy

lacy TS Member

JW

My wife, Betty, had rotator cuff surgery on her shooting shoulder 5 years ago. She has tried PFS, and Soft-Touch and didn't like either one. She likes to hold the gun tight to her shoulder and she couldn't do that with these systems.

She bought a Stock-Lock from Pat McCarthy and loves it. She can shoulder the gun as hard as she likes, but it won't collapse until shot. Pat was a very nice to deal with throughout the fitting, etc. He has changed the internal parts for her when he updated the system. We see him about twice a year at the VA State Shoot and PA State Shoot and he is always very friendly. She recommends Pat and Stock-Lock to anyone who has problems with recoil.

Lacy

14. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

From the looks on the patent application, this was originally a mod for a PFS?? Check out the link, this device bears a striking resemblance to a PFS! I wonder how hard it would be to made the stocklock device and adapt it to a PFS, and have the best of both worlds. 13 years til the patent runs out :-D

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Another McCarthy Patent, maybe a later version?

16. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words Bill & Hap, it makes a old man feel good. ( 71 in November )

Hap give me a call, I'm sure I can fix you up with a reliable trap gun if you need one. You shot the last loaner real well.

Tom Strunk

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tom, only one is busted at the moment and it will be fixed this weekend. I was just joshin you my friend about the gun/ammo thing! I know you'd do that, that's the kind of friend you are to those so lucky to call you a friend!

Last time I was out of guns, all were stolen from my home in Ca. years ago. I went to the state shoot to buy another and ran into Tom. I hadn't planned on shooting at all, just shopping. Tom was so gracious and offered me his "turkey shoot special" to use during the singles championships. I'd never used a release prior to that except for a shot now and then with others guns. I think I broke a pair of 98s with Toms gun! I shot that release trigger in every imaginable way possible during the 200 targets, forgetting to set the trigger before calling. Yanking it and immediately releasing it and more ways than I recall! Tom Strunk is one of the best of the best and I value highly his words of wisdom and friendship immensely! Thanks my friend! Hap

18. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

No one works harder to provide customer service than Pat McCarthy. I have seen him work 14 hour days at the Grand to take care of any and all repairs. I have seen him spend every minute between events at other shoots working on guns he sold. His original system has been upgraded and is greatly improved. IF he was rude to anyone, maybe they were at the end of a long line of others he had to help. Leo shoots his stock and like the commercial says..."wouldn't leave home without it.."

19. JW_OHIO

JW_OHIO TS Member

Roger, I never questioned his honesty. I was simply looking for feedback on his stock lock product. I have heard mixed reviews all from second hand sources and was looking for first hand experience with the product and how the fitting process was performed. I have no sour grapes with him. I was simply stating my experience which was similiar to another poster. I have deleted my previous posts because people believe my posts were a personnel attack or sour grapes. That was never my intention and I apoligize If I came accross as such. there have been several responses regarding the functionalty of the stock, any feedback regarding how the fitting process was performed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gun locks stocks 2016
gun stock locks
pat mccarthy stock lock system
reviews lock stock system

stock lock system

stock-lock gun stock
stocklock reviews
stocklocksystem reviews