1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Lock From Pat McCarthy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powder-em, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder-em

powder-em Member

How many of you guys have tried or use a stock lock from Pat? How does it compare to a PFS ??? Pros Cons please reply if you have opinions. Thanks Dave

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Dave I shoot with two guys that bought used guns with a Stock-Lock on them both wish they had just wood stocks . I don,t know who makes them now but it has changed .

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dave,

I purchased two Stock Lock stocks from Pat at the Grand last year. I love them! I have one on a Seitz and one on a Perazzi MX2000-RS o/u. They have never given me any trouble and the recoil reduction is amazing! They are expensive ... but what isn't these days. Pat will give you excellent service and he is a pleasure to deal with.

Bob Schultz

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have two. The locks work very well. They allow me to shoot them with the softest springs and save my replaced right shoulder. Have tried the Precision and it helped too but still I prefer the Stock Lock.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I will post pics of mine tomorrow. I love the Stock-Lock.

Matt

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Several years back, Leo was struggling to shoot with a bad back. He got an early version of the Stock Lock and really felt the difference. The early stocks required alittle more maintenance. Today's stock is much improved and easier to maintain. They are also much lighter. Leo wouldn't consider a gun without a Stock Lock.

7. powder-em

powder-em Member

8. jbshep

jbshep Member

Bought a Bill Mains engraved MX8 combo with a stock lock from Giacome (consignment). I selected it because the wood was exceptional and I like Bills work; didn't even know what a Stock Lock was. Now that I have a few trap rounds with it, I am sold on the Stock Lock. Helps a lot on doubles. Takes a little getting used to because the whole forward end moves; but nothing moves against your shoulder or your face. I talked to the Stock Lock company and they sent me an owner's manual which was very helpful. Definately still in business and available for any need. I would buy another one without hesitation, - brad

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Here are pics of mine. I really like mine. Mine is on a Perazzi MX15. I have made this a combo gun by adding a set of MX10 O/U barrels. I decided that I wanted one, and talked to Pat McCarthy @ MO Fall Handicap last year. When I got home on Monday after the shoot, I boxed up my original stock and sent it to Pat. He got the measurements off of original stock. He sent me an email with pictures of the blanks he had available. I picked the wood out, and he proceeded in building. Once stock was almost complete, I sent him my receiver and single barrel for final fitting. Within a week or two, I received it all back. I was really impressed. These pics are when I first received it. I have added an adjustable buttplate and soft comb since then. I wanted a little more toe out, and that is why I added buttplate. I have owned all of the "popular" recoil reduction systems. The Stock Lock system is my favorite! What I like about it the most is that when you pull it in tight to your shoulder, nothing moves. If I was to buy another gun, it would have a Stock Lock on it very soon.

Matt Woodson

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Another pic

11. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

I understand that stock lock system is great for recoil reduction but some one said that the forend moves while shooting please explain this to me g3

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The whole front end of the shotgun moves rearward from the back half of the buttstock. I've never noticed any difference in "feel" in that regard. This is a non issue. The greatest benefit I have experienced is in doubles. I don't notice the movement anymore but still benefit from the recoil reduction.

13. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dave, get Pat's Stock Lock, it's the best system out there and I have tried most all. I now have 3 of them, for a Seitz, a perazzi mx-10 RS, combo and a K- 80 special combo, the reduction in recoil is amazing and the workmanship top notch, as others here have posted, it is the best! Dealing with a friendly all-american is a definite plus . The Stock Lock system really comes into it's own if you have any issues with your shoulder, back or hips and for the long shoot-offs it is a Godsend! incinerate em!

14. powder-em

powder-em Member

15. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

What do they cost?

16. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Jon,

They cost $4195.00 for Standard Wood. If you go with Turkish or something else, they are higher. It all depends on the blank.

Matt

17. monroesc

monroesc Member

I have used both the PFS and the Stock Lock. I was always having problems with collapsing the PFS--I don't have this problem with the Stock Lock. I absolutely love shooting doubles with it. You can really stay in the gun for the second shot. And Pat is always very helpful if you need anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lock stock trap gun
mc carthy stock lock
pat mcarthy stock lock reviews
pat mccarthy stock lock

pat mccarthy stock lock shotgun stock

stock lock recoil system reviews

stocklock by pat mccarthy
trapshooting stock lock opinions