1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK LOCK "COMMENTS" Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by powder-em, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder-em

powder-em Member

STOCK LOCK

Thinking of trying the Stock Lock System. Now shoot a PFS. Love it but thinking of trying something new. Any comments good or bad from you guys that have them. Thanks Dave

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

STOCK LOCK

Try the search feature, no need to rehash.

Tom Strunk

3. mojet

mojet TS Member

STOCK LOCK

Dave,
    I have three Lock-Stocks. I think they are the greatest thing made for recoil reduction. I no longer shoot my MX10, so I have a left handed Lock-Stock for sale.

Larry Moses

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

STOCK LOCK

The best money can buy, Look up Leo's record with his. No recoil, No collapse regardless of how tight you pull in.

5. Tom Strunk

STOCK LOCK

Jim, what more needs to be said ??

I love mine, had it for a year and a half, my friends have had there's longer. No problems and it makes you a better shooter.

Tom Strunk

6. LI

LI TS Member

STOCK LOCK

Question for Tom, would you say that the greatest reduction or benefit was to your shoulder or face with the Stock Lock? Thanks, Larry

7. powder-em

powder-em Member

STOCK LOCK

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

STOCK LOCK

Dave, do your face and body a favor, get Pat Mcarthy's Stock lock, as said previously Big leo and a few other very accomplished shooters use them.I have one on my Seitz, my k-80 special and an mx-2000 combo I recently sold, I have a Perazzi mx-10 RS that I will equip with a Stock Lock. The nice feature is that it is as a conventional stock when mounted and brought to the firing mode, but as the gun fires, instantly it absorbs the recoil, it also lets you stay into the gun much easier when shooting doubles, just the best available out there . Should you have shoulder, neck or face issues or suffer from arthritic joint pain, these are invaluable! incinerate em!

9. Tom Strunk

STOCK LOCK

Larry,

I NEVER feel any recoil on my shoulder or face. My handicap shell of choice is the Remington Nitro 27, 8's mostly as I am a very aggressive shooter and live in Arizona, maybe 71/2's other parts of the country. I'll be 72 on November the 7th and this lack of punishment has allowed me to be very competitive wherever I compete.

Tom Strunk

10. v10mal

v10mal Member

STOCK LOCK

Pat McCarthy's Stock Lock System is by far the best recoil reduction product I have ever used! Even with a PFS my cheek would bleed, but my Stock Lock has stopped all of that. My stock was made from a beutiful piece of wood especially to fit me and the people at Dawson's are very nice and helpful =)

Mallory Stanton

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

STOCK LOCK

The first 8 months I had mine, I had to send it back 3 times for adjustments/malfunctions, but..mine was used when I bought it.

12. Tom Strunk

STOCK LOCK

Mine was custom fit by Phil Simms in Glade Park, Colorado, Phone # 970-523-9566. He has a pattern board and everything to get it to shoot where you need it to shoot, plus availability of a trap club in Grand Juction to try it out.

Stocks are ordered thru Pat McCarthy @ Dawson Enterprises in Ohio, Phone # 330-833-0014. He then has the wood CNC'ed and the roughed out stock is sent to stock fitters around the country (your choice) to make the stock to your dementions or go to there shop for a custom fit.

I don't recommend these stock for any Senior Vet class shooter (heh, heh)
    Too exspensive.

Tom Strunk

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

STOCK LOCK

Tom S. told me to tell all those senior vets these stocks kicked like a bank mule to further back up his advice! Tom's a good sized feller and can take thet X-tra that punishment in stride. Why, I've even seen him shoot pretty fair without the aid of that extra recoil too! :)

He's BSn guys, he could shoot good with a broom handle stock with a piece of pipe for a barrel attached as long as it was a full choke pipe. Oh, n it has to have one of them backward trigger thingies in it too.:) Glad I could help ya out there buddy, anytime! Hap

14. flyfish

flyfish Member

STOCK LOCK

I know the cost of a custom stock varies with the type and quality of wood. But what's a rough price range for the Lockstocks?

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

STOCK LOCK

16. Tom Strunk

STOCK LOCK

Flyfish it's called a " Stock-Lock " not a Lockstock.

I paid $4,000.00 for mine in May of 07. I believe they are a little higher now.

Tom Strunk

17. Tom Strunk

STOCK LOCK

Just checked the lastest pricing on Dawson Enterprises web site. All necessary info there. Latest price is $4,195.00 Lots of good information on Dawson Enterprises web site for those not to lazy to check it out.

Hap, your a beauty.

Tom Strunk

18. mojet

mojet TS Member

STOCK LOCK

up

19. powder-em

powder-em Member

STOCK LOCK

Anything Else???? and Thanks to all that have commented. Dave

20. chipking

chipking TS Member

STOCK LOCK

Dave There is a lady that I sometimes shoot with and I once asked her about her StockLock because I am considering one but waffleing because of the cost. Her comment just about says it all. "The StockLock is the ONLY reason I can still shoot Trap"

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.