1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Stock help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Texshooter, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I bought a stock for my Ljutic that is great, but it needs to be about 1/3 inch longer from the trigger to the palm grip. I need a longer trigger pull. I guess I could add a trigger shoe, but I think the palm swell will fit better with an extension where the stock wood hits the metal action. I hope this makes sense.

Is there anybody that does that type of work and how do we do it so it doesn't look funny? AJ
  2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

It's a pretty stock, but my hand is just a little too big. I appreciate any advice anybody has. AJ
  3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Active Member

Cut and move the trigger forward. Call Ljutic and ask their opinion. I had my Perazzi trigger cut and moved rearward and reattached via silver solder five years ago, it works great.

Surfer
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Have You looked into the Precision Fit Stock?
  5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They make spacers that fit between the stock and recoil pad of various thicknesses. I'm not home right now or I'd look them up for you. I know I have seen them for sale at Gamaliels. Not sure who makes them.
  6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Thank you for the answers but, Star... I really like this pretty wood and don't want to go to a Precision Fit Stock. Grn... The stock is long enough, I need a spacer between the gun and the front of the stock at the grip, not at the butt. AJ
  7. high 2

high 2 Member

You might be able to build a spacer out of ebony to go between receiver and stock. Could cause other problems doing it. That's all I can think of short of cutting the grip back to get the length you need. It would have to checkered and refinished. Might be best to build a stock to fit and sell that one. Larry
  8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

moving the trigger or changing the pistol grip is what you want to do. Spacers between receiver and stock, or between stock and pad will change the LOP which you say is fine.
  9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I like the idea of a spacer between the receiver and stock because I think the handgrip will be better; then I can shorten the LOP if needed. Someone suggested a spacer and cover it with a thin silver or gold band. I like that idea, but who could do it? AJ
  10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I like the idea of a spacer between the receiver and stock because I think the handgrip will be better; then I can shorten the LOP if needed. Someone suggested a spacer and cover it with a thin silver or gold band. I like that idea, but who could do it? AJ
  11. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Call Dennis Devualt.
  12. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Monk suggested make it look like the spacers on the butt plate. I'll call Dennis Devualt unless anyone has any other thought. AJ
  13. dcblvsh2

dcblvsh2 TS Member

AJ,

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I can help if you have not.

Thanks,Doug
  14. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Thanks Doug I'll give you a call. AJ
  15. ramorton

ramorton Member

If you don't have any luck with previous suggestions, call Jimmy Ljutic, he can build you a different trigger blade. I just left up there and he can do most anything and has seen lot. Roy Ljutic-509-248-0475
  16. ramorton

ramorton Member

Wrong number 509-248-0476
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.