1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapman99, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

Ok here is my question i recently bought a browning xt with adjustable comb and had a adjustable butt pad installed. is there a chance if i go to a stockfitter he would be able to make adjustments so the gun would fit me?

i've always kinda thought going to a stock fitter means having him make you a coustom stock (witch i can not afford) so do you think if im not able to buy a new stock stock fitting would be a waste of time and money?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Typically a stock fitter is doing that in order to build you a custom stock (just like you thought.)

But, you can always ask, they may do what you want.

However, I'd seek out someone like Greg Hissem. He does more of what you are looking for, I think.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Greg Hissem retired but there are many others who can help. Ask around at your club. There may be a club regular that would do it just to be of help.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

trapman, Todd from the Country Gentleman will do this for you. So will Dennis from Mach l and infinity guns. They will charge you a fee for performing this because they can't sell you comb, and or butt plate as you have them already. Most of the stock work vendors at your local/ or state shoot can do this for you for a fee. The more time they spend with you the more it will cost you. Good Luck and Break-em all Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.