1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitting Secrets" You can fit your gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

It isn't as easy as visiting a stock fitter but you can fit your own gun. Not everyone lives within driving distance of good stock fitters, ones who will consider shooting form as well as your size and shape and how they affect your correct stock dimensions.

"Stock Fitting Secrets" explains it all and offers step-by-step directions for getting your gun to fit. It is THE definitive book on stock fitting, with thousands of copies sold in the U.S. and 16 foreign countries.

To shoot your best, you must use the correct gun mount, stance and body posture. To be able to do that, your stock dimensions must fit your size and shape.

Now is the time to consider correcting your form and changing any stock dimensions that are preventing you from using it.

Rollin

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. Rollin Oswald

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Rollin, I have a copy of your thesis from a few years ago but I don't see anything in your writings that address the new types of stocks that are being made by Kolar. I'm talking about the "twisted sister" type of design where "offset" seems to be used instead of "cast off" and of course the twisted cast at the toe seems to make an adjustable recoil pad unnecessary. Going beyond the fundamentals that you write about in your book, I would still like a recommendation for "offset" and sufficient "drop at the heel" to help a shooter like myself with deep set eye sockets and prominent forehead with low eyebrows that get in the way. I read the "Bud Decot" article from 20 years ago about the desirability of having a stock that assists the Optical aspects of looking over the rib without having to turn your head into the stock but I am unable to get that perfect fit with my facial features. I have always shot a monte carlo stock with neutral cast off and a comb that is the right height and a conventional heel drop because my neck is of average length not too long. Would a "twisted sister" stock help me to keep my head more upright so that I do not have to look through the upper left corner of my shooting glasses??

5. Rollin Oswald

Miketmx,

E-mail me.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.