1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitting Secrets" Solutions to problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Stock Fitting Secrets

"Problems; I have problems?" Yes, you could have and without even suspecting it.

Correct stock dimensions are deemed correct when they allow shooters to use the gun mount, stance and body posture that are most likely to allow the shooter to realize his or her full shooting potential.

Many people shoot incorrectly because they have never benefited from knowledgeable training. Others shoot incorrectly because the dimensions of their stocks do not allow the correct shooting form to be used. Both result in limitations to how well you will ever be able to shoot.

If you're interested in shooting better, consider visiting a good stock fitter. The best ones will discuss flaws in your shooting form and then fit your gun to the correct form if you agree to change.

If you can't do that, consider ordering a copy of "Stock Fitting Secrets". The book describes shooting form in detail and gives step-by-step instructions on changing stock dimensions, when necessary.

Unlike other limitations to your shooting, those caused by poor gun fit can be completely eliminated.

Rollin

2. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Rollin,

I am now on my third reading of your book and as you say, each time through I find more valuable information. I purchased your book so that I could assist my son in his SCTP endeavor. I have to tell you that I credit your book with assisting in his success. He just turned 14 and started shooting a bit more that one year ago. Two weeks ago he picked up a zone belt buckle for Handicap and this last weekend he went 96, 97 to earn a nice buckle at the MO State Shoot. I am glad I didn’t let some of the posts we see here deter me from picking up this resource. Thank you

3. cleboje

cleboje Member

Rollin

I am also in your debt, as I continue to use you your book to guide my efforts in fitting my gun to me (new method) instead of me to the gun (old method).

Here's to hoping your book continues to provide knowledge for those who are willing to listen and improve their game through a better fitting gun.

P.S. Some of the earlier posts are somewhat humorous...

Joe

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

DA,

Only parasites that I know of are attorneys/politicians. I haven't gotten his book, but when I decide to do what is needed, I will. His book, while I have not read it, will be worth its price in the amount of time it will save me. (which means money)

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I would agree with all the positive comments about Rollin's book. It is a great resource well worth the investment .

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Rollins book is very worth while tome of stock fitting info. A bargain at twice the price.

Jim

7. ouch

ouch Member

It is sad to see people for whatever reason attack a thread. A search will show Rollin has alot of satisfied customers and will try to help anyone with a stock fitting question. One thing you will not find is Rollin slaming other people or threads.

Another sure bet is the same few dirt bags will be crying about Rollin.

I have the book, Have used it to help many people including myself.

Thanks alot Rollin for helping others. Richard

8. Rollin Oswald

Tad Houston - That is good to hear. Thank you.

cleboje/Joe - Thank you for your good wishes. (Do you have the version with the young, scantily clad, blond, cheerleaders posing for mounting irregularities?

Nyttro - I know of none but that does not indicate that there are none, just that I do not remember the names of any. I seem to remember another thread that recommended good stock fitters in your part of the country. You might consider posting a thread with your question. I'm sure you will get recommendations.

bigdogtx - It will save both time and expense.

N.J.BOB - Thank you for your kind review.

Jim101 - Thank you. I am happy to hear you feel it was a good investment (I will send another bill for the same amount, tomorrow.)

Ouch/Richard1212 - Thank you for your kind words. I do my best to help, providing I do not have to rewrite the book to do so.
    My uncle, Hymie, convinced me that physical communication accompanied by a little suffering was better than slamming someone on a thread. He locates those who have been less than kind to me using his off-the-wall computer software and then pays them a visit. Unfortunately, due to some difficulties with a local management company, he is behind in his visits on my behalf. I will just have to be patient and await the photographs he will send for "a job well done". (No ethnic slur intended.)

MIA/Jack - You might consider suffocating me in a pile of blond cheerleaders. I don't know if I deserve that fate but I would be willing to risk it.

Rollin

9. Rollin Oswald

Jim,

No, no more ebooks. I was strongly advised to stop selling them by a man who is advising me on marketing. He thought I was foolish selling them in the first place.

The current 8 1/2" x 11" book will eventually be replaced by a 176-page 6" x 9" paperback version that is being printed and is due to arrive in two or three weeks.

Rollin

10. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Rollin,

The use of the racial epithet "Hymie" in the post above is totally inappropriate in a family-oriented forum.

Don't be a shit-face...do the right thing and omit it immediately.

Please and Thank you,

The Nervous Nellies

11. Rollin Oswald

Andrew,

No. the book being printed has 176 pages with the same text and graphics as the 101-page, 8 1/2 x 11-inch version.

Rollin

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

176 pages !!!!!! That must be quite a yawner.

13. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Didn't "James Russell" manage to fill two entire books?

14. smartass

smartass TS Member

At last, the perfect cure for insomnia. It's a miracle !!!!

15. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

"You know you've slept better. So why aren't your results reflecting your ability?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.