1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Fitting Secrets Book Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Turnpike Mike, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

I just got involved in helping out a SCTP team. One of the first things I noticed was that almost none of the kids guns fit them. Will this book help me to identify the problems they are having with gun fit and correct them?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Between Rollins book and Neil Winstons pattern method. Has improved my shooting and understanding of fit form and function. Help it will.

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The book will definitely help if you consider it a guide to what to look for rather than an encyclopedia of hard and fast answers.

The patterning method still makes absolutely no logical sense to me at all.

Morgan

4. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Does anybody know this book???

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Yes, is is a great book "Stock Fitting Secrets" by Rollin Oswald. I highly recommend it.

6. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Is it still available - if so where can I buy it?

7. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Thank you for the compliments, gentlemen.

Mike - Thank you for your interest. Yes, the book will help with your SCTP kids. It has all the information you Will need to determine what stock dimensional problems each kid is having and ways to correct them either by changing their shooting form a little or by changing the dimensions on their gun's stocks. (The book is not a quick-read, however. It will take time to learn and remember the interrelationships of shooting form, shooter size and shape and stock dimensions, information you will need to help your kids.)

The book will no longer be avaialble.

Rollin

8. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Yes, Rollin's book will definitely be a help. I'm looking forward to the new edition coming out, & plan to get another. I strongly recommend it. I think the kids will enjoy reading it, too. Lots of tips on shooting form, what's involved with felt recoil & face slap, the interrelationship of all the elements of stock-fitting, etc. Phil E

9. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Rollin -

Is the book available yet?

10. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

I have one available that I purchased from Rollin some time ago. Email me if anyone is interested in it. Thanks.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Rollin, is there any way you can rewrite your book and publish it again? It's just too useful to let it go away.

12. Rollin Oswald

Thank you for the compliments, gentlemen.

The "new" book is almost finished. I placed an ad on the local tech school website looking for someone who can set up the margins, the footers with the new title (as yet unchosen) and the page numbers, remove the page breaks, which I screwed up, change the text on the front cover and add the ISBN with a bar code on the back cover.

Basically, the book is a rewrite of "Stock Fitting Secrets" with a bit of new material added and a few drawings deleted and includes Neil Winston's 13-yard POI instructions. For those of you who have the original secrets book, there is no reasson to buy a new one for $24,95 plus shipping (new printer with lower printing costs). Like the last one, this book will also be 6" x 9".

Depending on how long it takes to find a tech student to do what is needed, I would guess that the book will be available for sale in about two months - give or take.

Rollin

13. david

david Member

Rollin check your private messages.

David

14. Rollin Oswald

Done, and reply sent.

Rollin

15. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Jawari2000 -

You have email from my brother who is seeking to puchase the book you mentioned.

16. flylta

flylta TS Member

The book is helping me to improve.

Get it, read it, then reread it and find a gunsmith that understands shotgunning that can help.

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.