1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock fitting question-high left P.O.I.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nicholas, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas TS Member

My 90T likes to shoot high left (right hand shooter). Doesn't look like a lot checking the point of impact at 13 yards. Step back to 40 yards (similar handicap target distance) and the high left p.o.i. is exaggerated. This also confirms what I'm seeing on the trap field. All my left targets I must hold right on or slightly behind them to smoke ball em. Straight away targets I must favor the right edge of the target. Hard rights I must pull ahead of the target about 6-7 feet. I had a few experienced people watch how I mount my 90T to my shoulder and look down my rib. All agreed I had a consistent mount. But, the pupil of my eye is looking down left side of the rib. I'm trying to figure out if I need offset or cast to correct a high left point of impact.

This much I have figured out:

Length of Pull: 15" is where I'm most comfortable.
    Comb offset: 1/8" right of center (As far right as it will go. No adj. left.)
    Butt Plate: toed out to correct for cant, and to best fit my shoulder pocket.
    Drop at comb: 1 7/16" provides a 70/30 pattern
    Drop at heel: 2 1/2"
    Pitch: 1/2" of positive pitch. Made a big difference in recoil management. No more getting smacked in the face/cheek.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The comb must go farther right. Your eye is the rear sight for pointing purposes.

Hap

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Hap is right. The very first thing you must do is make sure yo are centered left/right. 13, 15 20 yard, it doesn't make a lot of difference if you are paying attention.

BTW, forget lining up the beads. The idea is it mount the gun just as you do on the line, trace the line with your bead and shoot whenever. You absolutely have to get the left/right adjusted before you even consider the rest.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

As Hap indicated, the comb must be moved in the direction you wish to move the pattern. Bill Malcolm

5. Nicholas

Nicholas TS Member

Thank you for the help. I was leaning towards moving the comb further to the right increasing offset. I wasn't quite sure how cast came into play. I'll have to modify the adj comb hardware. As it is now, I am out of right adjustment.

Nick

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Send your stock to Tron...he can do an awesome job modifying your hardware that will be 100% professional...a 90T dessrves the best

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

Nick
    You might just find that the additional adjustment with your comb doesn't help.

Your jaw and lower cheek may hang up on your stock and you will need to tilt your head to get on the comb.

The adjustable comb only allows so much movement and then you need to look at an offset stock.

Shawn

8. Nicholas

Nicholas TS Member

Thank you for the replies and help. The stock on my 90T has been modified and cut so many times, I can't hurt anything further by modding adj. comb hardware. I could roll the sharp corner over so my cheek bone doesn't hang up or get pounded by recoil. The ideal thing is a custom offset stock. But, I think the money would be better spent on a Kolar T/S with the correct offset stock. My goal is to make things work with my 90T for the time being until I can afford a Kolar. The aesthetics are kind of a secondary thing. Like a mentioned before, the stock is kinda junk by most people's standards.

Nick

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can have the stock inletted for cast off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.