1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock fitting -help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jhise67, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhise67

Jhise67 Member

My son is 16 and mainly shoots trap however he also shoots skeet, sporting clays and we hunt. I am in search of a qualified person to do some stock work. He shoots a browning 425 sporting and a browning XT. We live in central Virginia and I am having trouble locating a qualified person to complete stock fitting and adding an adjustable comb etc. Any advise and experience with someone qualified will be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a second stock for the XT and it needs to be fit and finished as well as checkered. Thanks for any help given.

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rollin Oswald's book, Stock Fitter's Bible, might be a good starting point for you in this venture. The least it will do for you is give you an idea as to what is involved in fitting a shotgun. Might even show you things you can do to start the fitting process yourself. I certainly found his book very helpful. FWIW. JM

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow...made to order.

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I second the purchase of Rollin's book. It will not make you a stock fitter but it will give you enough information to be able to talk to and understand the stock fitter you eventually choose to do the work. Remember... knowledge is power.

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.