1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock-fitting at Wenig's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Eve Davis, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve Davis

Eve Davis TS Member

I'd like to have a new stock custom-made at Wenig's. Who would be the best person to make appointment with over there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had my fitting at the Grand in 2005. Elbert Smith, a partner in the business and a master stock maker, handled my fitting with Jimmy doing the modifications to the try stock. Both gentlemen at great at what they do and the whole staff is very nice to deal with.

Ed

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Eve,

I recommend Jimmy also. This topic has been discussed on this forum several times, you might use the "Search" feature to collect a lot of ideas.

Good luck on your fitting, it's a real treat!

Don Rackley

4. Eve Davis

Eve Davis TS Member

Thank you all for your help. I know that this topic has been discussed few times on this forum, but I just wanted to get the most recent opinion. I now have an appointment with Jimmy. Thanks again. Best regards, Eve

5. Urbans

Urbans Member

Jimmy did my fitting, and then Fred accompanied us to the range, just to make sure I was satisfied with the results. Top shelf all the way.

6. Eve Davis

Eve Davis TS Member

Thank you all again. I will pass on your regards to Elbert, Jimmy and his wife and will defintely let you know what I think. In the meantime let's "break them all"!

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

pictures when finished please.

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

pictures when finished please.

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I took quite a few photos of the whole Wenig staff at work when I had my fitting done at the Grand in 2005. In fact, I wrote an article about the experience that appeared in Shotgun Sports in laste 2005 or early 2006. It's quite an interesting process.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.