1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitter's Bible" - The new book

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just sent paypal payment. I hope it's as good as your first.

Ed Yanchok

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Rollin, the check is in the mail...

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Rollin,

My wife always buys "Dolphin-Free Tuna" at the store, so I was just wondering-

How much extra for a certified "No Plagiarism" version?

...because these things matter to me, you know.

Yours in ethics,

buzzy

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Hi Rollin from Aus.
    Tried to order the new edition of your book however am having trouble with the web sit. Type on one line runs over another and the Paypal link does not work for me.
    Barry

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what is the ordering site?

who is that dolphin jerk?

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

"Stock Fitter's Bible"

I removed the website link because the shipping prices need to be raised. The USPS misquoted the prices, especially those to foreien countries.

I have asked the website fellow to correct the shipping/mailing prices and also tried (unsuccessfully) to edit the original thread about the book. That failed so I deleted the whole thing.

Please do not try to order a book before mext Wednesday when the shipping prices should be corrected.

All orders and payments received before then will be immediately refunded.

Another change that will take place will be that involving books mailed to foreign addresses. They will be mailed First Class and NOT Piority Mail as those to U.S. addresses

I'm sorry for the delay and confusion.

Rollin

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rollin
    Please send me my book and I will forward the difference in the postage.

Ed Yanchok

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

?

...and once again, the pimply-faced fat girls line up outside Barnes & Noble at 4:30 AM, heaving, panting, clamoring for the next installment of the Harry Potter series...

9. Rollin Oswald

"Stock Fitter's Bible"

Thanks Bill but the only order, the payment for which that was refunded was from Turkey with a mailing charge of $24.85.

All other orders were sent using Priority Mail.

Rollin

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

I buy lots of stuff from the US and by far the biggest problem is mail and the fact that suppliers do not seem to be savvy with USPS costs or they just do not want International business! If all sellers were like Brownells and Cole Guns we would buy lots more. I admit the USPS pricing system is complicated and if you do not get it right then the purchaser pays thru the nose. I would not think the book weighed in at more than 4lb in which case the $11.95 Flat Rate available to all International countries would seem not too bad. Better still are the special " Printed Media" rates however this requires a calculation process for different countries. I believe that merchants that advertise on the web which is a global market shoud do their utmost to see customers get the best freight deal available.
    Why give away money to the government or freight companies.
    Best of luck with your book Rollin - I alread have the earlier edition. Good stuff.
    Barry

11. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I don't know who you are buzz gun but your comments are not very nice,. First a comment about plegerism? and then a comment about pimple face fat girls at Barnes and Noble. Being a dermatologist I see youngsters every day with acne and in young girls they are highly sensitive aboout their appearnance and I can gaurnatee you if a little girl read this thread her feelings would be hurt. I have seen these young ladies come in and just cry because they are so upset about their complexion. Let's not make comments about kids, they have enough problems in their lives and with school & peer pressure , etc. it is tough enough for them.

Charlie Becknell, MD
    Lexington, KY

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rollin has done much for me understanding gun fit. I did have some experience making.fitting stocks before I read his first book. After reading his book, I learned much more. Thank you Rollin.

Charlie Becknell, MD. I have a dermatological question. Can I get an Rx that will keep my cheek skin on the comb when necessary? A nice little brightly colored pill would be nice.

It is very clear who are the nice people and the not very nice people on this thread. My Mother did her very best to teach me to be nice and I hope I don't let her down too often.

Pat Ireland

13. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Rollin, I too will send any difference in postage. Please send me the book ??

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

14. Charlie Becknell

Pat,
    I saw a magnet that was placed inside the skin on the mastoid to hold part of the apparatus for a implanted hearing device. Just think, magnetic cheek and magnetic comb, cheek holder, recoil reducer, and score improver in one device.

Charlie

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Pat, rather than a brightly colored pill, I'd suggest a gold colored fish hook with some good Stren mono would work best/quicker? :)

The history of firearms alone, included in Rollins book, makes it a bargain! A properly fitted stock is the most important part on any shotgun for consistent shooting. Rollins book will take you out of Buzz's classroom with first hand knowledge of proper stock fit. Hap

16. Rollin Oswald

"Stock Fitter's Bible"

For those of you who have sent checks, the older shipping prices will be honored. The new shipping prices will be in place in another hour or less per the man who is making the changes - he just called at 9:40 AM, CDT and again at 9:55.

When the shipping costs are updated, I will start a new thread that again describes the book, similar to before.

Thank you for the positive comments.

Rollin

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Charlie,

The Plagiarism comment was in reference to Rollin's self-admitted existence of "borrowed" material in his previous book, which he described here on this forum and which no doubt prompted the current makeover of his material (ie, to avoid a lawsuit from Michael Yardley's publisher, whom the "borrowed" material was "borrowed" from).

As for the pimply-faced comment, I have without a doubt revealed myself as a repugnant cad for that one. I'll agree to change it to "fat girls with coke-bottle glasses," provided of course that you'll give me a pass on the "fat" reference.

(On second thought, scratch that...from time to time, Pat fancies himself almost as much of an optometrist as Rollin is a stockfitter, and I'm sure his Momma wouldn't cotton to me harping on his short-sighted would-be patients).

aka buzzie

18. Charlie Becknell

I prefer not to say negative comments about kids. Feel free to insult the likes of me: fat, bald, overweight, can't hit lefts from one or two. In fact , help me hit left angles and all will be forgiven.

Charlie

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ok, tattooed fat women it is...they're old enough to know better.

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Charlie practice some skeet ot lock the trap on a hard left and move 5 feet to the right of post 1 and practice practice practice.... soon you will become comfortable with the harder angles.

Good luck joe

Did I mention to have someone fit your gun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fithapcad