1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitter's Bible" The complete how-to book

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

'Stock Fitter's Bible

"Stock Fitter's Bible" is the most complete book on stock fitting and shooting form ever published. It was written for those who want to improve their shooting skills but cannot visit a stock fitter or want to know what stock fitting is all about before they do.

The book opens with a history of the development of personal guns. It continues with the evolution of locks, powder and gun designs that allowed stocks to be shaped for more accurate shooting.

It explains how shooting form (gun mount, body posture, stance) evolved during the Victorian era, throughout last century to the modern shooting forms in use today.

Each stock dimension is discussed in detail along with its relationship to shooting form and other stock dimensions. The benefits of correct shooting forms are also explained in detail as is how they relate to individual stock dimensions.

Readers will learn how to check their gun's stock dimensions, how well they fit their particular size and shape as are options for changing then when they don't fit.

Finally, there are chapters about improving target visualization and centering, the psychology of shooting and a complete glossary so readers know the meaning of all terms that are used in the book.

Click on the Website URL above for more information.

(Since I have not been able to get the man I use to correct mistakes made in the Website several months ago... The book is 6" x 9", soft cover and 215 pages with more than 50 photographs and drawings.)

Rollin

2. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I purchased this book a month ago and am using it to improve my gun fit, The history of stock form is very interesting and the relation of all dimensions; pitch, drop at pad, cast, LOP, etc. to shooters head position and proper form are very well described.

a great book

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The information in the book is worth much more than the price.

Pat Ireland

4. Rollin Oswald

"Stck Fitter's Bible The complete how-to book

20yard and Pat,

Thank you for your reviews of the book. I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Rollin

5. Rollin Oswald

Paul,

You have a private message.

Rollin

6. arend003

arend003 Member

Rollins book is by far one of the best investments I have made to help me in my shooting.. Tom

7. vdt

vdt Active Member

here here

8. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I got Rollin's book in December. Have read it twice (very important) and have since adjusted my BT99 Golden Clays. I just wish I had this book back in the 70's and 80's. Would have made ATA "A" a lot sooner. I'm a Senior ATA Vet and this book is worth every single penny. For you beginners, do yourself a favor and get it---right away. Then take your time and do as Rollin say's. You won't be sorry.
    Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
    cunninmp@hotmail.com

9. Rollin Oswald

Tom, VDT, and Mike,

Thank you for your comments. It's good to hear that the book helped you improve your shooting.

Rollin

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

All the above comments are correct...It's a great read.

11. Rollin Oswald

Thank you, Bob.

Rollin

12. Rollin Oswald

"Stock Fitter's Bible" - The whole story

The Website now showing will be replaced by a new one. The existing site was unavailable for a while earlier this afternoon, apparently while the company in Utah was doing the work, was doing something for the new one. It could happen again so please be patient if the existing site is down when you try to access it.

The number of books reaching their destination seems to be increasing. When that happens, new books have to be mailed. This is expensive.

For that reason, the new Website will probably also have a postage increase of $2.50 to send the books using Priority Mail, from $5.00 to %7.50. The higher price for mailing will include insurance for books and conformation that each book has been delivered.

Rollin

13. Rollin Oswald

That's good to hear. Priority Mail has been doing a good job with the books and delivers them in two days much of the time. The only unhandy thing is that books must be taken to a Post Office so the mailing date can be put on them the same day they are received.

Rollin

14. Rollin Oswald

For anyone who's interested, I will be mailing books on Friday, Jan. 16th on my way to an appointment and again on Tuesday (due to the federal holiday).

Rollin

15. Rollin Oswald

Paul,

Wouldn't it have been a good idea to listen some testimony? (Just kidding.)
    I know there is a lot of waiting before trials begin. I went through that for three days and never did hear any testimony - settlements. (And I thought watching paint dry was boring.)

Rollin

16. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Every serious trap shooter should study this book. A gold mine of information and very well written. gyrine

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rollin,

Just sent an email asking for price on ten books. Seems like these would be great trophies to offer at several of the clubs I contribute to in northern California.

Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685

18. nut

nut Member

Have you ever tried the post offices carrier pickup program.
    Just go to usps.com your packages will be picked up by your carrier when they deliver your mail. You can also print mailing labels pay for your postage and get delivery confirmation. Just ask your carrier about this service and they will gladly explain it to you.

19. brianv

brianv TS Member

Rolin,
    Recieved my book last Thursday. Have gotten thru page 68 and have found a number of great tips mostly on stance and cheek placement.
    Wish it was warmer and not a foot of snow on the ground to run a few rounds to see how it really feels.
    Thanks for the quick turnaround.
    Great book. THANK YOU
    Brian

20. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Congratulations on your new book Rollin. Website looks good too!

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.