1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitter's Bible" New book & shipping prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

"Stock Fitter's Bible" New book w/ new shipping costs

The new book is an expanded version of the original book, "Stock Fitting Secrets". The Website is working again and now reflects higher shipping prices that more accurately cover my shipping, packaging and handling costs.

"Stock Fitter's Bible" has more shooting tips that can improve your scores and more details about how shooter conformation, stock dimensions and shooting form interact and affect your shooting.

There are also more detailed descriptions of skeet and sporting clays shooting forms and how they differ from trap shooting forms and stock dimensions.

The page count has increased about 30 pages with new photos and graphics (with the help of Hewlett Packard "Smart Friends" and CorelDraw software) to say nothing of the (awful) Microsoft, Word 2007 software.

I should add that the cover of the book is nearly identical with the one used for "Stock fitting Secrets". I liked the original cover and it was too expensive to have a new one made.

The new book is also not shrink-wrapped; that would have been an additional $0.48 per book. I eliminated the shrink-wrapping while keeping the bubble-envelope packaging so the price of the book could be lowered $2.00, from $26.95 to $24.95.

If you type the website address into your browser, you should only have to type www.stockfitting.com and should be able to eliminate the "http://" that is required in the Website URL above.

Is it worth buying the new book if you already have the 6" x 9" "Stock Fitting Secrets" book? The answer lies somewhere between "maybe" and "probably". You will have to be the judge.

Rollin

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just received mine in the mail today (Friday). Now I just need some time to sit down and read it.

Ed Yanchok

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Hewlett Packard ?? I worked there for 28 years

Mike

4. Rollin Oswald

"Stock Fitter's Bible" New book w/ new shipping costs

Yes; it's "Hewlett" and now corrected.

Shipping costs are also corrected on the Website. They are closer to covering expenses.

Rollin

5. Rollin Oswald

"Stock Fitter's Bible"

Priority mail seems to be doing a good job of getting books to U.S. buyers quickly.

Thanks for the complimentary e-mails you have sent.

Rollin

6. Rollin Oswald

DO NOT order a book until I can do something to lower the mailing costs in the U.S. and especially those involving mailing books to other countries.

Rollin

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.