1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitter's Bible" may be the solution

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crusha, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

And then again...maybe not.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Reading Comprehension for the Intellectually Challenged OR…, how to avoid appearing to be a 15-watt bulb in a 100-watt world

Before you begin, I suggest you read each point carefully and attempt to understand it before moving on to the next point.

Headings & Titles: a short explanation

Headings and titles rarely provide detailed information about the text that follows. Assumptions and implications are often expressed in a title or heading.

In the heading, “Stock Fitter’s Bible may the solution” a problem is implied by the use of the word, “solution.” The reader must realize that before a solution can be of value, a problem must exist and that the solution may eliminate the problem. If this is not the case, a solution is both unnecessary and meaningless.

The use of “solution” in the heading suggests the existence of a problem, which the text will address.

The heading above appears in a trap shooting forum. The reader must assume the implied problem involves shooting clay targets. If that assumption is not made, the reader should read no further.

He must realize that the following material is beyond his comprehension(ability to understand).

You might consider looking for a shooting forum designed for very young shooters, one that may be (but will not necssarily will-be) easier for you to understand.

Rollin

3. Rollin Oswald

Wasted retorts should be very familiar to you. It should tell you something - identification of a communication limitation possibly.

Rollin

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How about a definition of "parasite"?

If gordo and Rollin each had a web address it would be a "Pair o' sites"

Send David a free copy at least.

HM

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Number of stocks professionally fitted for paying customers: -0- (as far as we know)

Number of words written about stock fitting: 30,000 and counting...

Ok...I think I understand what problem we're trying to solve now.

It's either not enough hot air in the Universe, not enough money in our buddy's wallet - or both.

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

What happened to Rolin's original post?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Lit,

Plagiarism...you forgot plagiarism.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rollin has helped many shooters with his publication. I wish more posters would help others.

Pat Ireland

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Apparently, those who were helped didn't find his tactics questionable or they would not have considered themselves "helped". If they were offended they would have sought out someone else.

MK

10. ouch

ouch Member

It that time of the year when a small group of failures cast stones at a helper.

A simple search will show who has been a good poster and those that spew negative crap. You can just guess how helpfull all of the deleated post were.

Rollin has been a great help to me with his book and phone calls,Which has allowed me to help many others.

Richard

11. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

when the people were asking for help with their youth shooting program....how much money did you guys send them????

tony

12. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I'm no stockfitting expert but in my opinion anyone that tries to help others is an OK guy with me. Remember the season, try to be nice. May I be the first to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Glenn

13. Unknown1

<I>" Number of stocks professionally fitted for paying customers: -0-
    Number of words written about stock fitting: 30,000 and counting...
    Ok...I think I understand what problem we're trying to solve now."</I>

Name one college or professional football coach who can even hope to do even one thing that he tells his players to do.

MK

14. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

MK Mike Ditka, Mike Singletary, Tony Dungy .....there is alot of them.

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

He's too busy "helping" people, EE.

(If Tony Dungy turn out to have plagiarized in writing his book, I'll be fairly disappointed in him).

16. Unknown1

<I>"Mike Ditka, Mike Singletary, Tony Dungy .....there is alot of them.</I>

I said CAN do, not did do. Ditka is 70 years old, for crying out load.

Bella Karoly can't do a high bar routine to save is butt but he can sure tell the girls what they need to do to make one right.

Rollin may not do stocks for a living but he knows what it takes to make them right.

MK

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

kenent1: Many of us have helped the youth and their programs with time and lots of money and asked for nothing in return. You opened your big mouth now just what have you done??

Don

18. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

While I like - and recommend - Rollin's book, I think he got exactly what he deserved here. A couple of guys were innocently joking around, maybe pulling his ears a little, but no more than that. When he went off on them as he did, he had to have known they wouldn't like it (that's why he wrote it, after all) and they would counterattack. It's the way things work, not just on TS.com but everywhere.

Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it; Rollin just got a dose of his own medicine.*

Neil

* in spades!

19. Rollin Oswald

Neil,

Right you are.

Trading insults is good sport.

Rollin

20. Rollin Oswald

EE - I was wrong; I forgot about you. When you refused to estimate when you bought the guide before sending you a free update, you refused. I then refused to send an updated guide to you.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.