1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Stock Fitter's Bible"- all about fit & form

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

The Website is up and running again after I moved, changed ISPs and email addresses.

"Stock Fitter's Bible" is the book that explains how shooter conformation, shooting form and stock dimensions interrelate. It was written to allow shooters who cannot visit a professional stock fitter to improve the fit of their guns so they can use what is accepted as the correct (best) gun mount, stance and body posture (shooting form).

Click on the Website URL above for more information.

Rollin

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yep...the election is definitely over...

...it was nice while it lasted.

3. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I musta missed the election- did Rollin win?

4. Rollin Oswald

An election? I thought the application I completed was a raffle entry for a weekend with a blond cheerleader. Next time, I'll read the fine print more carefully.

Rollin

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Up for Rollin. Good to hear from you. We missed you with all the election stuff. Omaha

6. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

7. Rollin Oswald

Sportshot,

There are a number of additional dimensions that could be noted for a stock. Those for the butt, although they can be troublesome, are not as critical in their fit as the five primary ones.

Butt dimensions often vary depending on the type of gun they are on. Sporter or field guns often have more compact butts, partially because the weight of the guns is often reduced.

Manufacturers' thoughts also differ in the approach to butt dimensions. Each targets the buyers for which the particular model will appeal. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're not. All take their best guess though.

The book was written with shooters changing or having their stock dimensions changed to fit them better. Changing butt dimensions is a major change and unless the butt is considerably too large, would not usually warrant the time and expense that would be necessary to have someone do it.

When buying a gun, butt size is something that is easy to check and so was given little space in the book.

Rollin

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.