1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK FITTER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    I just want to tell about MY expierence with Joe Goldberg aka "GUNFITTER" .
    First of all he was very accomadating -willing to meet at my club on a mutal day. He is a professional & has a great deal of knowledge ,from which I as a client greatly benfitted . I won't get into a 10000 word essay about the whole day but I will tell you that my scores went up the very next day. Please keep in mind I AM NOT A AA SHOOTER. -just the opposite . But I now go to the line a lot more at ease & I feel confident . My scores are no longe in the teens on a steady basis , but then again I'll never be a state champ. either. I've just started shooting trap & I'm 60 years old. You'll only get out of the seeion what YOU are willing to try/learn .
    He taught /explained things to me I'd never have tried . Some of them will work for me some don't , my shotgun has become a comfortable extension of me in a manner of speaking , and my stance is not as tireing or stressful .
    So if you fell you need a stock fitting don't be afraid to invest the money & time.For me it was money well spent >>I only wish I had done it sooner .
    Good shooting.
    BILL

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Bill, thanks for the positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you soon.

I'm having higher steel posts made for your Browning Plus. If any one else is interested in them the cost will be $20.00 a set postage included. If there is a demand for them: I'll have them made in quantity and the costs will go down but as a single order I have to pay a higher price at the machine shop and I'm fortunate that they will do small jobs for me at reasonable costs.

Joe

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The North East. I do most of my work in NJ, PA, DE, and MD. I also travel to Florida and the Carolinas most years.

I am able to travel almost anywhere if there is enough interest in my work to offset the travel expenses. I have done work as far away as California but it's been a while since I've been west of the Mississippi.

I am considering a week in Tunica Mississippi this Summer If I can get a few more shooters.

Joe

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It all depends on interest If thre are a few shooters who want me to I can come up for a day or two. I'm only about 5 hours from Hartford.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I just wanted to share part of a recient E-mail from a session last week.

"First of all thank you for our fine "session " yesterday. I'll just let you know how TODAY went.
    I just returned from the club -shot 4 rounds 1st=20 2nd=21 3rd=21 4th =23 ALL 2 EYED SHOOTING ..>>>>>>>> I have not been in the 20s consecutively for 4 months !!!! I'm also more relaxed & comfortable shooting now. I do know I'll have to drop some targets before I get 2 eyes down to a natural movement !"

This was a one eyed shooter who did not come to me to change to shooting two eyed but rather for a gunfitting. He complained about shooting the targets late or slow.

We spent about 2 hours working togeather and this was the result.

Thanks Bill.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.