1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock fitter in eastern PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revarc, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revarc

revarc Member

I have a Browning XT Trap with an adjustable comb. I'd like to have the stock better fitted to me and maybe replace the factory comb. Allems Gun Craft is fairly close to me, and I wondered whether any of you had Allems do this type of work. I'd appreciate any recommendations you might have.
    Thanks,
    Russ

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I have a BT99 and an XT trap with adjustable combe, I had a soft comb put on the XT by Rods Custom Stocks and he did a great job tbe Bt 99 will be done later this spring, he also installed RD II"S on each gun, great work.
    Woody Sullivan

3. Rockeee1

Rockeee1 TS Member

Nobody better at this than Carl Holzman,he is your man.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Uncle Carl-#1!!

5. revarc

revarc Member

Thanks for your replies and recommendations! Appreciate your help! Russ

6. mxrider458

mxrider458 Member

Carl did a lot of work for guys in my area, including myself....none better and a great guy!!

7. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

You can get a good stock fitter to try to fit you, in their place. Then go somewhere and shoot and see how you do, that is, collect all the data you can by yourself, and go back and forth to your fitter until you get it right or comfortable.

Or, you can go to Allems. Nobody is an expert in everything, and maybe John is not the premier stock fitter, per se. However, he is a longtime championship ATA trap shooter, multiple PA Top shooter in many categories, Captain of PA teams, etc. (how many fitters can say that?) He has worked on stocks of all types for decades, & chokes, and barrels and and and.

He has a trap field on his property, and he can watch you and make adjustments for you on the fly, to help you get a great result that day, that you know is good. He can ste the trap and work on certain targets to get you smoking on your good hits. If necessary, you can fine tune it later, but you'll leave Zionsville with confidence and learn a lot along the way on live targets. It's the next best thing to traveling to a top notch clinic, and more personal attention.

Make an appointment with John; tell him what you want to accomplish, & spend a few bucks for 2 hours trap time & advice, and it will be money well spent.

That's my opinion, that's what I have done, and I am pleased.

Best of luck

js in PA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carl holzman gun

stock fitter in pennsylvania