1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock fit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

Hi all. I have a "new to me" Beretta 303 trap special with what I would call a mild monte carlo stock. Gun functions flawlessly, however, when I mount the gun and try to look naturally down the barrel with relatively heads up posture and 1 finger width between my nose and right thumb, my sight picture stinks. The front bead is offset to the left of the midrib bead about a one bead width. There is also a "2 bead" width between the two beads. To get em to line up as a figure 8 I have to squeeze almost lay my head to the right. I am right eye dominant and shoot a Browning 525 with no problem. Does this sound like a typical stock fit problem and can you suggest a solution that does not cost more than the gun is worth? Thanks all...RICH

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try moving the comb to the right. If you don't have an adj. comb, you may need one.

Ed Yanchok

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Rich,

Ed is right. You need an adjustable comb - one installed so it can be lowered as well as moved to the right. You will need to tell whomever installs it that you need more "drop at the comb" than the stock now has.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.