1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock fit question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sierraed, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sierraed

sierraed TS Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Need some advice. Patterned my sporting clays gun today. The gun has no cast with about 1 3/8" drop at the nose. On the pattern board today my pattern from 20 yds was about 3" high and 3" to the left. How can I make this stock shoot point of aim and who can do the work. Gun is an old Perazzi MX8. Thanks for the suggestions.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Did you mount the gun from the down position, like you would shooting Sporting Clays? Seems you would only need to adjust for side to side. Unless you are shooting it for trap. Sporting guns typically shoot flatter. There is a video out there that was posted on this site of Gil and Vicki Ash shooting a pattern board. Very good video on the technique of the Sporting Clays mount and shoot, pattern board technique.

If so, you may need an adjustable comb. Move it to the right of center. There are several posters on here that could do the comb for you. Cheaper then a custom stock, and the gun can be fit to you, and others if you should sell.
  3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    Are Right or Left handed? You can have the stock bent, I have done this

Do your beads align when mounting numerous times w/eyes closed.

A lot of information is needed, about how it fits you.

Gary Bryant
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.