1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock duplication

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by high 2, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

Jerry, I do it all the time. I`ll put a couple of layers of duct tape on the stock to be copied and just work it easy. I`ve not damaged one yet. There`s just a little more sanding to do. Larry

2. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Larry, what is the cost of duplicateing a stock? thanks Ronnie

3. high 2

high 2 Member

It depends on what you`re duplicating of course. I use a Don Allen 5 axis and can get them pretty close. I have had customers bring me semi-inletted stocks that they bought elsewhere for me to finish out. Most of the time you can tell that whoever dupilcated the stock knew they didn`t have to do the final fit and finish. My price will run $250 for most O/U`s (stock and forearm). Larry

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Larry does 250.00 include checkering and final fitting that is the excat same as wood being duplicated? Or just the rough job the duplicator does?

5. high 2

high 2 Member

That price is for rough cut and inletted only and includes drilling draw bolt hole. There will be some hand work left for wood to metal fit. You can always take some off, hard to put it back on. Larry

6. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

High 2- I talked to you about that MX8 on your front page of your website last year, and you sent me some extra pic's of that gun and still today that dragon on the sides and bottom of that MX8 is my pic for best use of color. Fantastic!l.g.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Larry- I am very interested. If I send you my Precision Fit Stock, could you duplicate it for $250.00 ?

Pat Ireland

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Pat,

That's funny!

ss

9. high 2

high 2 Member

I`ve tried, I just can`t seem to get the ugly part down.;o)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.