1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Duplication/Inletting Sources?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eric, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a shotgun blank for a custom stock but its not wide enough (need a great deal of cast, etc), and I can't trade it in for another one so I am thinking about using the wood for either my Ruger #1 or 1874 Sharps (C. Sharps repo). Does anyone know of a source that can COMPLETELY duplicate a stock so all I need is the hardware and finishing/checkering? I am not looking for something that is left oversize. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

2. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Check out Wenigs. I don't know if the can finish the inletting without the action in hand

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

All though never used anyone one to duplicate a stock I did look into it. In the begining of my trap shooting. I built a custom stock for my 870 with bondo, then I wanted to get a copy done with wood. I ended up buying a XT instead. Good luck

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Richards Micro-Fit Stocks
    8331 N. San Fernando Road
    P.O Box 1066
    Sun Valley, CA 91352
    Ph. 818-767-6097 Fax: 818-771-1242
    Web: www.rifle-stocks.com
    (Stock blanks)

5. Magnumshot16

Magnumshot16 TS Member

Eric while looking for a friend who needed stock work I came across this site.
    I know nothing about them,but thought you could at least take a look.

good luck

mike

6. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

You are talking about a 100 percent inletted and shaped stock

the price for that wont be much different than a completely fit finished and checkered stock

Gene

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ERIC, how did you make out.

8. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Eric, for the Sharps, go to CPA rifles and ask for Gail. Nice lady and they do excellent work and have several different stocks to choose from for the Sharps. I have also used Dave Crosnoe at Crosnoe Gus Stocks in Arcadia, Oklahoma and Treebone Carving in New Mexico. They both do excellent work and come highly recommended, especially Dave and can help you with either gun. Pat

9. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for all the references - I have sent some e-mails and will figure it out soon (hopefully). Still don't know if I will put the wood on my Ruger #1 or the Sharps but am leaning towards the Sharps. The wood I have is VERY nice but I only have one set!!

Eric

10. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Contact Joel Russo. You can contact him on www.longrangehunting.com forums. I'm not sure how to get a hold of him outside of the forum. He does great work and can duplicate any stock that you send him. Garrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.