1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock checkering

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Dennis Duvault's wife is the best, not cheap

2. RonC

RonC TS Member

Alan, I bought a basic checkering kit from Brownells. Did 16 lines per inch (mainly field guns)where most trap guns are 20 I believe. I practiced a couple to times, have done 4 so far. Will admit, quality varies but they pass the 3 foot rule, ie if you walk past something 3 ft from it and don't see a particular thing it dosen't exist; a Quilitng thing my wife told me. In the mean time try a $10 golf glove on your trigger hand. It will grip like mad; I use one all the time even though I have checkering. I cut the trigger finger out but every once and awhile I try a new one with the finger in and see no difference.

Good luck

Ron

3. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

I know of a guy in Kansaswho does a great job email me and I'll send you his info---Norbert

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Rub some rosin on the stock. It will keep you hand from slipping without having to wear a glove. Good short term solution until you can get it checkered.

5. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I dont have the number of Ahlmans in I believe moundsview Minn or Moundsville MInn Carol does the checkering. Dependindg how busy very fast and reasonable. Hope this helps alex Kotter

6. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Cindy Devault does a great job and her prices are VERY reasonable. She's done two stocks for me and she will get all my work. You need to at least give her a call.
    Go to Devault's website and click on Cindy's Checkering to see some of her work. You can call her at 330-456-6070. You won't go wrong with Cindy!

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Cindy DeVault does BEAUTIFUL work.

8. 2319

2319 TS Member

llano bill- I have been checkering gunstocks since 1996. I have my own company here in Sturgis SD. I work full time as a stockmaker at a rifle company here in town and have my company "Black Hills gunstock company,"where I work almost every evening and most all day on Saturdays. If interested please email me back and i will send brochure with current price list. Sincerely Jesse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.