1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Checkering

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ross Randall, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

I am looking for some recommendations for someone who does checkering. I have a TMX that I want to refinish, but need the wood re-checkered first. Looking to have it done this winter while shooting is slow. I live in N. Central Indiana. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ross Randall

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Ross, I always recut the checkering last. Any reason you want it done first? Larry

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm with Larry....do everything else and then checker...and you may want to mask off the existing checkering when applying finish....

4. Stocker John's

Stocker John's TS Member

dear Ross
    get it totaly refinished and i can recut for you $175.00

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

Check out Classic Checkering .com .I just had a mx10 re-cut. Tim did a beautiful job. I can try to send pics if you want. Mike

6. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

Ok, I was wrong and it was not the first time and probably won't be the last. hehehe I thought you checkered then refinished. I had two other pieces done in the past and I guess I never actually asked which was done first. The man who did them for me always did a very good job. But he passed on and I never had any more done. Bought this TMX and it does need some attention to the wood. Want to get it done during winter while I am not shooting as much. Thanks for all the info and I will be watching this thread for more input.

Ross

7. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

DeVault Industeries of Canton, OH. Great work and fair prices. Joe

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I used a fellow near DeKalb, IL named Art Bowman a few years ago to checker a stock for me. He did nice work.

Art Bowman
    815-626-6314
    bowman6314@comcast.net

Gene in Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.