1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock change, Short to long tang???? Pictures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Fill it up with bondo and paint to match your finish---sjb---

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Is it possible/practical to take the long tang trigger guard from an older BT 99 and install it on your application? Seems like someone on TS should know and perhaps have one they are willing to part with. Marc

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Try Midwest for a long tang to replace the short one. Be sure to order the trigger guard screw too....the head is slightly concave.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'd make a thin metal filler..blue to match.. and be done.. Cut a template out first.. then copy it to steel.. Worst case.. a small wooden inlay..

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I did this once. I had an XT stock I wanted to replace so I puchased a Citori stock and when I got it the stock was made for a long tang. My receiver was set up for short tang. So I found a piece of 1/8" thick material (I think CRES steel) and cut out the width and length I needed on a badsaw. I deburred it, formed it, polished it and drilled the two mounting screw holes. They needed to be countersunk for the head of the screw to be flush. Installed it and used it for about a year.

I had a buddy ask me to make one for him, as he needed the same thing. I made an even nicer one the second time.

It works, you just need to find the material.

Kevin
    bucko43_2008_010850.jpg

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I have in the past two years done just the reverse. I had an older Citori that I changed from a long tang to the shorter tang when Phil Simms built me another stock.

What I'm getting to is the fact that I have a long tang trigger guard that I would be willing to let you have and I also have the Anton/Hilmer stock that I had made about 20 years ago that is in excellent shape, no it has no roll over comb and is not adjustable. If interested make me an offer soon as I'm leaving for the Grand this coming Saturday AM. and I could take it with me or send it to you after I return from Sparta.

Tom Strunk

7. lostandout

lostandout Member

find a nice piece of mother of pearl from an old pistol grip and install it so it looks like it was made that way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pictures of citori long tang vs short tang