1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock bolts ...K-gun and P-gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vdt, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

how close are the stock bolts in a K-gun and a P-gun

2. Gabe

Gabe Member

I think they will pretty much interchange. Krieghoff and Perazzi wrenches will fit either one.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They are both 5mm. Length may be different. Bulge.

4. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Gabe is correct, they both have the same head and threads, and are actually 6mm I believe, not 5mm. The threads are actually 6mm x1 metric threads. This seems to be common to almost all European shotguns, with the only exception being that Beretta has a larger head for whatever reason, and needs their tool for it. The threads and shaft are the same also though. As far as length, Krieghoff has a length of 5.495" (OK, call it 5.5") and Perazzi has a length of 5.095" (5.1"). Krieghoff does tend to have a stack of washers on their bolts though, which, if I remember right looks like about 0.4", give or take. so you can probably interchange them with some judicious addition or subtraction of washers. Just make sure that there is a lock washer of some kind on there, particularly if you remove the stack of washer's from the k-bolts. I am pretty sure that this is one of their functions. I hope this helps! Mike

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

The Krieghoff stock bolts are different lengths for the K-80 and the Model 32. Watch which one you are comparing. Bulge.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"Gabe is correct, they both have the same head and threads, and are actually 6mm I believe, not 5mm."</blockquote>

Both bolts are removed/replaced using a 5 mm Allen hex wrench.

MK

7. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

I'm sorry, you were talking about the 5mm hex wrench to remove the bolts, and I was talking about the 6 mm threads on the bolts, my bad! We are both correct ... it is a 6 mm bolt, and standard 6 mm socket head bolts will always need a 5 mm hex wrench to remove them. As I said above, Beretta is the exception and has 6 mm bolts made that take a 6 mm wrench to remove them. Mike

8. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

I'm sorry, you were talking about the 5mm hex wrench to remove the bolts, and I was talking about the 6 mm threads on the bolts, my bad! We are both correct ... it is a 6 mm bolt, and standard 6 mm socket head bolts will always need a 5 mm hex wrench to remove them. As I said above, Beretta is the exception and has 6 mm bolts made that take a 6 mm wrench to remove them. Mike

9. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

By the way on the very early Krieghoffs serial # under 5oo some bolts used a slotted screwdriver for removal and not a 5mm hex. I have one of those bolts. Bulge.

11. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Hey Bulge, were those 6 mm also??? I could be wrong, but I was thinking that they may have been smaller in thread size also, but I don't remember. Mike

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Perazzi bolt is 5 mm Hex. like most European shotguns, while Beretta is 6 mm.

Perazzi stock bolt also come in different length too. They can be 0.25~0.5" off from each other.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Same thread. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.