1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock bolt removal on tm 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrb100, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I am hoping some can help me on this problem.I removed the the stock with no problem,but can't tap stock bolt out of the stock.It looks like a washer of some sort keeping bolt from being tapped out.The washer seems fit tight also.It is the original stock from 1971.Does anyone know what to do to get the bolt out?

thanks,
    joe

2. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I might just buy another stock bolt fot the other stock and save the trouble of dealing with it.

thanks,
    joe

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have two TM1 stocks one is as you dscribe and the other has just a washer and allen head bolt that slices right out. If you figure the first one out, please let me know for I couldn't get it out either. One guy told me he thought that someone had rammed a K80 bolt into the stock?

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Stock Bolt is held IN the cavity by an aluminum tapered disc that is tapped into place AFTER the stock bolt has been inserted in the stock.

Its function is two-fold: (1) keeps the stock bolt from falling out of the stock, and (2) helps center the stock tool to line up with the center of the hex-head bolt.

You *can* force the stock bolt out, front-to-rear, using a long, skinny punch. This will drive the stock bolt's head into the aluminum disc, and thus force everything out the back of the stock. You need to be damn careful that you do not slide off the threaded end of the bolt with your punch, and crack the wood.

You may or may not ruin the aluminum disc, part number 355. Current production Perazzi's use a 3/4" diameter disc (it's really mm), whereas your TM probably has the older disc that measures about 7/8". They are serrated on their outside edges so they stay put once inserted.

I make replacement here at the shop. If you do not have the schematic for the TM, click my website address above and download it. It shows all the parts.

Here's some new and used ones. Note damage to one at right when you force it out of the stock.

whizwhite_2008_0203315.jpg

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.