1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

### Stock Blanks For Sale / 2 ###

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CharlieHill, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

Jerry, do you REALLY want to be know as the new "Gordy" on this site?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

If Jerry wants to be involved with selling a little wood, that is great. I hope he can make a little $ with his endeavor.

Pat Ireland

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Charlie this is a trapshooting forum. Most shotguns come with some form of wood. Most people enjoy looking at pictures of wood and thinking of potential stocks.

So what, exactly, is your problem with Jerry F posting pictures of blanks for sale? Please explain since this isn't the first time you've written a contentious post about this subject and I'd like to understand.

Jerry W.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Gargoyle! I have deleted this post for you. I suggest that you consider this your last post on a thread about Jerry offering wood for sale. You obviously have nothing constructive to add the discussion.

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Jerry, Do you guarantee the wood you sell? What is the guarantee if I may ask?

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

A reasonable question. All good wood sellers I know offer full replacement guarantee through the turning process if the wood has problems.

7. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

jerry b , where or what is your source for the wood your selling?? did you cut this wood yourself???

8. SmittyK80

SmittyK80 TS Member

Hi I was wondering if you would ship to Canada, and also if you have any more exhibition grade blanks that would be suitable for a K80 Trap Special. These are as you probably know a little taller than a regular K80.
    Regards Dwight

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Jerry, I have talked with several gunstock blank sellers. I have never met one, who was reputable, who did not guarantee the wood THROUGH the turning process. That is for precisely the reason you stated above:

"There is always the chance of flaws in the interior of the wood that can not be seen or uncovered until the blank is shaped and inletted by your stock maker."

Why on earth would a buyer take that risk from a stock blank seller who knows more about the wood than anyone else and has hundreds or thousands of blanks to sell?

The real bummer for the buyer and the stock maker is that when the flaw is found, the turning has already been done. Wasted time and money. Replacing the wood with a piece which is equal in quality is the LEAST reputable stock blank sellers do. I take it from your answer that you DON'T guarantee the wood you are selling. Right?

Have you ever talked with Cecil Fredi in Vegas about his wood. He guarantees it. See his web site above. If you intend to compete in that market, you should strive to be competitive.

Regards, Jake

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Why Jerry. Thank you. I didn't think I was allowed to buy any of this wood. I appreciate the offer. Jake

11. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Jerry

Nice looking wood.

Vince McNamara

12. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

Jerry-

I sent an email to your posted address but it bounced......

My next move is what...............?

13. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

Thanks for the advice Jack. I understand that you are one of the good guys here and I appreciate your informative posts. You and I know what is going on here. You condone it because you are vending also. All I asked for is complete disclosure. Can't I ask a question without being shot down? Is ADMIN/MOD now getting into bed with the sales folks? Is this still a discussion forum or are we
    just going to be a sales rag?

MIAderator! I like that!!

BTW, I play somewhere EVERY day!

14. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

And who are you? You did not sign your name.

I am one of the nice Moderators who hopes everyone will be as nice as I am. In the near future, I am sure those left will be.

15. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

Good luck with your business venture Jerry. Maintaining a respectful attitude will go a long way in ensuring success.

16. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

When the love/hate fest is over here ya just might want to let me know how to get in touch with you seeing as your email address link bounced as I pointed out several post ago.

Damm, it's hard to spend money around here.

17. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

I haven't drank anyones koolaid yet. Just seems prudent to explore all the options, hear the pitch then investigate their reputation and business dealings for references before making a decision. No?

If I followed the "carved-in-stone" advice of every Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Toyota hater out there I'd never own a truck based on their advice.

Personally I've never found a business that some people don't hate for whatever reason.

50 years has gotten me fairly savvy at making correct decisions.

Bacon, not just for breakfast anymore.

18. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

The cool part about discussion forums is that no one has someone holding a gun to their head making them open/read topics they don't want to.

Funny how people act as if it's being done though.................... ;)

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.