1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stock bending?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Jack, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Does anyone still do stockbending?

2. Cooter

Cooter Member

check the thread above,thats him.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Jack, Mark Duprez is a vendor at the larger Elysburg shoots and does very nice work. Usually has it ready in the morning. Also Glenn Baker (Thos. Bland & Sons) Woodcock hill, Boulton, PA. I've used both with good results; although Mark is one of the great folks and just because he's a great person, I prefer him. mike

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Shooter's Emporium (Soft Touch) does stock bending also.

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

How much can you expect the cast to be changed? Does it stay changed over time?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

The few stocks I tried to bend did spring back after a year or so. Ed Yanchok has been able to solve the problem on wood stocks. I can see how I could bend my Precision fit stock and I hope I never do.

Pat Ireland

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jack,
    You have a PM

Ed Yanchok

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry but I didn't know that you wanted to alter the cast on a Ljutic
    A Ljutic, like a model 12, Seitz, Remongton 1100 and 870 are not inletted stocks and cannot be bent by me. They all can however be reinletted quite easily. If you loosten the stock bolt and put a piece of cardboard under the left side (if you're right handed). Keep adding layers of cardboard until you get the sight picture that you're looking for, then remove that amount of wood from the other side and taper both the top and bottom to meet the cut side. You may then have to re-align the bolt hole so as not to bend the tang. A simple task for any qualified woodworker.

Ed Yanchok

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Be sure you don't try to use a spacer like Beretta uses on the 391's. I tried it on a very pretty 870 TC stock. That was a mistake. I lost a chip out of it the size of a pocket watch where the stock meets the reciever.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You do need to be sure that the shoulder around the tenon does not make contact with the receiver. You should see a little daylight.

You should not have to alter the stock bolt hole except the receiver end(just make it bigger in diameter). As you draw up the bolt the stock should move. The bolt will bow slightly, but not too much to cause any concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.