1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock adapter plug on BT 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Has anyone removed the thumbhole stock bolt adapter from a BT 100 receiver? It looks simple enough but I can't tell if the adapter is screwed in or held in place by the screw that's visible from the inside. Has to come off to mount a regular buttstock but I don't want to damage anything by trying to force it to turn or tear up screw threads because I can't get a straight screwdriver in to the screw head. HELP!

Rich
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's screwed on. Has a double ended threaded post under the adapter piece you see in the pic if i remember correctly. I used a nail(or a small punch would be better) and inserted it in the hole and used it like a "T" handled wrench to remove it. Does that make sense?

Matt

Insert nail where the red arrow is.
    grntitan_2009_2503245.jpg

The screw slot is one end of the double sided post. There is a screw slot on both ends. You can use a screwdriver to remove the post after you remove the Thumbhole stock insert
    grntitan_2009_2503246.jpg

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Chapman Offset Screwdriver Kit

4. yakimaman

Any idea of what purpose is served by the screw in the forward end?

5. grntitan

See my updated post above and follow directions. Trust me, i had a BT100 Thumnhole.
    grntitan_2009_250324.jpg

6. yakimaman

Is the screw slot double ended post used to adjust the depth of the stock insert? May want to put the thumbhole back on some day.

7. grntitan

Rich,

I don't think so. It has been a few years since i had mine but i recall you simply bottomed the post into the insert. I had (2) stocks for my Thumbhole BT100. One was a regular stock so i did go back and forth and never had issues with it not lining back up. You may PM me if you need more help. My method may have sounded a little weird but i'm quite mechanically inclined and it worked nicely. I believe i probably used a small punch rather than the nail. Just trying to think back several guns ago. LOL

Matt

8. yakimaman

I screwed the stock bolt into the insert as far as it wold go and tried to use it as the lever. That sob is some kind of tight - couldn't budge it. Any time I get something new or in new condition my oldest boy tells me to just go out and throw it on the sidewalk and get the damage over with. He's about 90% right because I invariably scratch or break something trying to do some menial little thing. Want to avoid that here but I can see damaged threads and a bent stock bolt in my future.

9. yakimaman

Has anyone removed the thumbhole stock bolt adapter from a BT 100 receiver? It looks simple enough but I can't tell if the adapter is screwed in or held in place by the screw that's visible from the inside. Has to come off to mount a regular buttstock but I don't want to damage anything by trying to force it to turn or tear up screw threads because I can't get a straight screwdriver in to the screw head. HELP!

Rich
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. grntitan

It's screwed on. Has a double ended threaded post under the adapter piece you see in the pic if i remember correctly. I used a nail(or a small punch would be better) and inserted it in the hole and used it like a "T" handled wrench to remove it. Does that make sense?

Matt

Insert nail where the red arrow is.
    grntitan_2009_2503245.jpg

The screw slot is one end of the double sided post. There is a screw slot on both ends. You can use a screwdriver to remove the post after you remove the Thumbhole stock insert
    grntitan_2009_2503246.jpg

11. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Chapman Offset Screwdriver Kit

12. yakimaman

Any idea of what purpose is served by the screw in the forward end?

13. grntitan

See my updated post above and follow directions. Trust me, i had a BT100 Thumnhole.
    grntitan_2009_250324.jpg

14. yakimaman

Is the screw slot double ended post used to adjust the depth of the stock insert? May want to put the thumbhole back on some day.

15. grntitan

Rich,

I don't think so. It has been a few years since i had mine but i recall you simply bottomed the post into the insert. I had (2) stocks for my Thumbhole BT100. One was a regular stock so i did go back and forth and never had issues with it not lining back up. You may PM me if you need more help. My method may have sounded a little weird but i'm quite mechanically inclined and it worked nicely. I believe i probably used a small punch rather than the nail. Just trying to think back several guns ago. LOL

Matt

16. yakimaman

I screwed the stock bolt into the insert as far as it wold go and tried to use it as the lever. That sob is some kind of tight - couldn't budge it. Any time I get something new or in new condition my oldest boy tells me to just go out and throw it on the sidewalk and get the damage over with. He's about 90% right because I invariably scratch or break something trying to do some menial little thing. Want to avoid that here but I can see damaged threads and a bent stock bolt in my future.

17. grntitan

Easy there Rich. Try some PB Blaster and some time to soak. If that doesn't work, try a little heat applied to the insert with a good hot soldering iron. If someone used loc-tite the heat will loosen it up. No rush. That is when bad things happen.

18. grntitan

You could also try putting some wood pieces in your vice to cover the jaws and prevent marring the piece you are work'n on. Then clamp the insert into the vice. Then actually try turning the whole reciever wrapped in a rag. You will be able to get much more leverage that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.