1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stitching on rem. wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lilboss1970, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

Just started loading some remington fig. 8 wads and when I put them in the loader the stitching breaks on the wads. Does this hurt anything? On the downrange rem. clones they aren't stitched so I haven't run into this till now. Does the stitching help with the patterns and do I need to load them without breaking the stitching? Thanks for any help.

P.s. this is on a mec 9000.

2. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

The stitching on the wads is only to help keep the petals from folding over, pressed down by the wad ram and covered with shot as they are being loaded. They have no function on the pattern.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remember, a stitch in time saves nine. HMB

4. dbart1948

dbart1948 Member

lilboss - I recently purchased and loaded a bunch of one ounce loads using Remington TGT12S wads on a MEC 9000 without any problems.

In fact, I liked the way that the stitching held everything together.

Dave

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I like how the stiched wads stay on the ram tube, all though I had to grind the wad quide edge to give a little relief to prevent tearing and ease wad install

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The stitching is there for use in commercial loaders. It prevents the wads from slipping into one another and jamming the loader. It really has no effect on anything that would concern manual reloaders like the ones that recreational shooters would be using. Just pop one stitch when you pick up the wad and it will be easier to insert it into a press like the Mec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.