1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STITCHED VS NON STITCHED WADS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

WHATS THE PURPOSE/BENEFIT OF STITCHED WADS?

THANKS

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mainly for the manufacturer in the reloading process.

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The stitches don't always break when the shell is fired. Does this degrade the pattern????

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All I use is Remington Fig. 8's and TGT12's which are stitched. I'm quite sure my misses are due to my mistakes and not the wads.

All the videos I've seen of shot leaving the barrel the wad falls behind the shot. Think for a moment, the wad is lighter and more aerodynamically unstable than the shot. Throw a pound of feathers and a pound of lead in the air and see which goes the furthest. (crude example)

Bill

5. 700X-user

700X-user Member

The petals on the older TGT12 wads would sometimes fold in during reloading. I always assumed the stitch at the top of the wad was to prevent this.

Ed

6. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

the stitched wads seem to go through my reloader a little better that unstitched wads. They hold the petals together during the seating of the wads. Occasionally, a petal of an unstitched wad can fold over causing a mess when the shot is dropped into the shell over an folded petal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.