1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stink bug strikes again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well,I remember someone else posting about these darn insects and thought I was ok about it. Started reloading today after getting some supplies.Noticed powder drop was a little eradtic,not too bad but still varying.I weigh every 5 -10 shells,averaged from 18.5--- 19.Did around 175 shells.During last 25 I had a primer not seat well.Tried reseating and noticed powder drop was bad,and still didn't seat primer.Cleand it up,deprimed it and still bad powder drop.Looked at end of powder drop tube and it was gunky.Got a plastic cup under it and pulled what I thought was just powder,,nope,gunked with crushed stink bug and powder poured out tube.didn't like the idea of any of that powder being moist with stink bug guts,so just dumped it.Finished loading last 25,no problem.can't believe powder was getting by bug until last 25,guess he acted like an extra baffle.So,now I have duct tape over end of powder and shot drop tubes,until I load again. As other poster noted,these suckers can get in anywhere there's a gap.Definetly check empty shells before loading,just another tedious thing that has to be done now that these bugs are so prevelant.

Doug H.

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Before the bug season begins try Safers Insecticidal Soap on the outside of the house. Can be found in about any garden center.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Every year in the late summer I have the problem with the stink bugs, but this past summer was the most I ever saw. My house had hundreds of them around the window frames, and door ways just waiting to get in for their hibernation. I went to ACE hardware and inquired about how to get rid of them. They informed me the best chemical they had was Ortho Max so I gave it a try. Had to mix 1 oz. of Max with 1 gal. of water and put into a sprayer tank. 2 days after spraying around the whole periphery of house, door ways, and windows they were gone.

4. Boske

Boske TS Member

The perfect and ultimate fix for these critters is a Still Chain Saw. They are gone from my house and havent seen them again. Get rid of their source. Kill the tree they love the best.

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Thats what is nice about Alaska,no bugs or snakes just your everyday average Brown Bear once in a whill.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Chugiakshooter- Have you ever thought about what might happen if you got a Brown Bear caught in your powder drop tube?

And, no bugs in Alaska? I remember a few mosquitoes.

Pat Ireland

7. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Mosquitoes ?

Thats the New Jersey state bird !

8. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Search "Talstar P" insecticide on EBay. It's what the pros use. I killed thousands at my house. Not cheap but it works. jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.