1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still waiting for stats on money punch?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by patch, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patch

patch Active Member

Pat Ireland said after middletown shoot there would be some stats on all the sandbaggers that had gotten yardage from money punch.Or all of the people that had earned penalty yardage because of the rule. Just wondering if there were so many that it is taking a while to get all of this info or if there were any at all.Thank you.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You should realize 2 facts: The Money Punch is only significant if somebody makes more than $750 and does not get a punch because of the Earned Yardage Table and/or a score of 96 or higher. I doubt that very many shooters did that. You cannot Earn Penalty Yardage because of this rule, you can only be assigned Penalty Yardage by the Handicap Committee if you don't have enough qualifying targets AND the conditions for Penalty Yardage must be spelled out in the official Shoot Program.

3. patch

patch Active Member

To Kissable Wanker what are you talking about or do you even know?Also to mikeTMX,I was just making a comparision,the only people that target requirments or this stupid rule refer to are people shooting on yardage less than the 27.If you are on the 27 this rule cannot affect you nor can penalty yardage.Anyway,I was just curios about the statistics, Pat said he would have some after middletown.Sorry if I have done something wrong bringing this great rule up again. It seems it irritates some people.But I beleive most of the people it irritates are on the 27 and probably these same people couldn't win a major shoot if they were on the 19.It's a prestige thing.Look at me I am on the 27 with an 87 avereage.WHOOPEEE!!!!

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Can I hear an AMEN, Big Earl, you definately are dead on. J.W.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

patch- Thank you for reminding me. I forgot. At Middletown this Fall, several earned punches at this fine shoot. I could only discover two shooters who earned a punch for money that did not earn a punch for score. These were actually honorary punches because the shooters were already on the 27 yard line. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Pat Ireland

6. patch

patch Active Member

Thank you Pat for the information.As to bigearl,I object to this rule and I am not a cheater,as to being a fool the verdict may still be out on that one.The only reason that I object to this rule is it is aimed at everyone but 27 yard shooters.If there is a rule needed on money being won it should be for everyone.As I have stated before, if it is money set an amount someone can win in a target year and that is it.I object to the rule because most it did not apply to most 27yd shooters when they were at short yardage.I think it over handicaps a lucky shooter.I agree that some people abused the system,but everyone shouldn't have to pay for that.If there has to be a rule on money it should affect everyone.To me that is just common sense.To some idiot it might seem foolish.Thank you.

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I think you'll find the calcutta payoffs are not included in the punches. Most clubs keep them completly seperate of the ATA to eliminate their being part of the payoff checks since they are not approved by the ATA. It takes a good size shoot to end up with over $750 for anything but the top spot.

Big Jack

8. bhandzus

bhandzus Member

sorry,
    If you get lucky and hit a winning progressive 50's pot will get you a punch.

I chased a 50's pot for 3 years and spent plenty( over $3K), hit it for $1400 and got a 1.5 yd punch and a 2 year reduction freeze. I've lost plenty for that lucky day and my HDCP avg. has gon down 7 or 8 points.

Just my story,
    Bob

9. patch

patch Active Member

To Kissable Wanker,I didn't say you didn't know what you were talking about.But this rule does exclude 27 yd shooters because they can win all they can with no yardage gain,or rules to stop them.What Bob was trying to point out was he is overhandicapped.The whole purpose of the handicap system is to keep shooters at a competitive yardage.Some people just have more ability than others.The A.T.A. talks about losing membership,I think rules like this and not giving people like Bob a reduction may be playing a part in all of this.Nobody would like to see a pro team play a high school team because they wouldn't have a chance.This is basically what is happening when you tip the field in the pros favor.Thats why I say limit the money one person can win.

10. crash46

crash46 TS Member

How can you take someone serious with a handle like Kissable Wanker anyway?

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

patch let me see if I have this correct if you are on the 27 you are a pro? that is what you said isn't it? That is what I got out of your statements.

"But this rule does exclude 27 yd shooters because they can win all they can with no yardage gain,or rules to stop them." then you said "Nobody would like to see a pro team play a high school team because they wouldn't have a chance.This is basically what is happening when you tip the field in the pros favor." I see this as saying that because Bob was refused a reduction for 2 years for winning money he is stuck shooting against pros. I did not however see anything in Bob's post that said he was at the 27.

I do not understand how having a lucky day and being punched yardage for to years could tip the field in the (so called) Pro's favor. If it truly was a lucky day then if Bob had never been punched at all it would never have affected the 27yd shooters. I think it is very noble that you are worried about the shooters that are not on the 27 but if what you said "Look at me I am on the 27 with an 87 avereage.WHOOPEEE!!!!" you should worry about your own reductions.

Bob Lawless

12. patch

patch Active Member

I didn't say everyone shooting on the 27 was a pro.If Bob shoots handicap he competes against everyone 27 or 19.And also if a shooter is shooting an 87 average from any yardline they need a reduction if allowed in the rules.This is a rule to over handicap any shooter that has a good day,but it does not apply to a 27yd shooter.If there is anyone that don't understand that I feel alot sorrier for them than I do for Bob being overhandicapped.People don't understand the shooters that make a living doing this can beat the majority of the shooters with them on the 16.The people that like this rule are mostly shooting for trophies anyway.The real pros are going to win the majority of the time anyway.It's the few times that a little lowly short yardage shooter wins that causes these rules anyway.Sorry if this upsets anyone,but it's the cold hard truth and the majority of shooters know it.Also I agree with Crash on the name.

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

patch- The last time I remember a "little lowly short yard shooter" winning a major event was the Missouri Fall Handicap about a month ago. Prior to that, the 2007 Grand American.

Pat Ireland

14. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Grand American should be all about 25---27 yards . Short yardage shooter who
    wish to shoot ought to be moved back to min yardage 25 ! play some money options to even shoot this finale ! Them sandbagger will watch that way ! Ive always been advocate of everyone shooting Big shoots from 27 yd handicap yardage score them as singles events aa -a -b- c- 4 classes ! Keep it simple squading would be simpler also . Not all these 23 and 25 24 mixes and of course 20 0r 19 yarder been shooting 15 years winning major shoots ! Sandbaggers
    Bag their own sand .Currently !

Pat Kelley

15. patch

patch Active Member

Big Earl,I am a B class singles shooter,have an 89 average on handicap and shoot from the 21yd line.I have never had a reduction but I think with my average and the way I shoot I need one,or some instruction.Have only shot 6200 registered targets handicap and about the same singles.Think what you want I am not a cheater just a relativly new shooter.I was just voicing my opinion and I am sorry if I have stepped on a few toes.Whenever a rule is made to impact less than one percent of shooters it is wrong.I am amazed that the deegates would waste time on a rule that is not that important.Thank you.And sorry for the sore toes.

16. crash46

crash46 TS Member

Earl what are your averages for singles and handicap?

What is a Wanker?

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

What a bunch! Some times there are new shooters who have shot enough targets to shoot at the 20. So lets tell them that is to bad you have to shoot at the 25 or the 27. That is a great way to promote this sport! What, you BOYS were never new to the game or you just don't want anyone but a 27 yarder to win ever! Not everyone is a sandbagger. I am a trapshooter and proud of it but I have never seen a group with as many whine-asses as trapshootering! Get over it let some of the new guys win and earn their yardage the same way you crybabies did. Hopefully they will grow up and have bigger shoulders and smaller egoes.

18. crash46

crash46 TS Member

I should have known.

Patch,apparently if you are not on the 27 you dont count,and are not taken seriously!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.