1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still time to Register 2008HAWAII StatePITA??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Toddy, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddy

Toddy Member

Hello All, thanks for looking,

I believe there is still some openings for shooters from the mainland to enter the 2008 P.I.T.A. Hawaii State Shoot being held Feb.14-18,at the Big Island Trap Club @ Hilo.

The cut off date for the mainland shooter's was Nov.1st but I have contacted the president of (BITC@H),Mark Hironaga and he has informed me there are still a few spots so if you hurry and contact Mark at the email above you may still make it.

Myself, and 5 other shooter's from Vancouver Island will be there, this will be my 3rd time and hope to see a lot of others from BC and the USA there.

If you go to the P.I.T.A. website and click on registered clubs then scroll down to Hawaii, you can get more information from Mark Hironaga or Delance Wegeli.
    They have put together a great package with discounted hotels and there is even a "pot luck" supper at a State Park the night of the opening day.
    The 4 traps used for this shoot are equipped with Pat Traps and although I was not at last years shoot, I was told it went with no glitches.
    I must warn you though from past experience that this is held on the Presidents Day weekend and rent a cars and hotel rooms are at a premium so book early.

Here's to next year.

I hope that this will encourage any questions and entries to make 2008 the best State shoot ever.

Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

toddrf@shaw.ca

2. Toddy

Toddy Member

I put Mark Hironaga's email on the opening of this thread because he is the person to contact to register for the shoot.

R.T.,E.S.,BC

3. Toddy

Toddy Member

Kona is more the resort area as compared to Hilo.

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

PLease leave respectful, remarks even if you cannot attend and if there's any possibility that you will be attending in future years,

Reg. Todd UNFICYP,PKMEDAL,CD(retired)

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

To all who look....

I'm going to keep putting this to the top until mid January and sooner or later someone will comment.....I hope.....

Reg. T., East Sooke, BC

6. Toddy

Toddy Member

I have received a few emails from shooter's that can't make this year but are hoping for 2009 to be there.

R.T.

7. Toddy

Toddy Member

There is now a link to the 2008 Hawaii State shoot on the P.I.T.A. website ...

Please check it out....

Reg. Todd

8. Toddy

Toddy Member

1 more from Kelowna area coming.

R.T.

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

44 more days and I'm on my way.

1 more month to possibly register,,,,ask Mark Hironaga, limash3@aol.com as he is the president of the Big Island Trap Club @ Hilo.

Hope to see a full shoot.

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

10. Toddy

Toddy Member

Feb.12,2008 you know where I will be.

11. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Toddy, I certainly hope you promote the 2008 ATA Hawaii State Shoot as much as you promote the PITA shoot. I would like to hear your comments.

12. Toddy

Toddy Member

Brotherwolf,

Sorry to say that I don't shoot ATA as there are no ATA shoots on Vancouver Island but even though I started shooting trap at a late age I have shot over 83,000 registered targets with P.I.T.A. and this will be my 3rd trip the the Hawaii P.I.T.A. State shoot and the second time for my daughter Krista.

Normally the shoot is open for the first 50 shooters from the mainland but I had heard that there was a few openings after the Nov. 1st cutoff date so I decided to give it a boost if I could and although the # of answers on this thread do not show any interest, believe me when I say, I have received a few answers by email of people that are attending but, there are a few spots left and time is running out.

As for the ATA State shoot, I hope nothing but the best for success and if my fixed income would allow then I would be at the Vancouver Gun Club for their registered ATA shoots.

If you do make it to the PITA STATE SHOOT, look me up as my squad will be easy to find the first day as we will all be in grass skirts with white flyer targets for cocoanuts. (please, no derogitory remarks)LOL.

Thanks for the inquiry to the thread.

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, Vancouver Island, BC

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

From the east coast round trip ticket, what is the cost?

What is the cost of lodging while there?

What is the cost of the shells?

What is the cost to shoot?

What is the total?

14. Toddy

Toddy Member

Gargoyle,
    If you have to ask then you can't afford.....

2 credit cards will cover all expenses

My trip is costing all together...$6000.00 and that gives me $1000.00 for food for 10 days for me and wife.

Reg. Todd

15. Toddy

Toddy Member

To be honest,

There are 6 couples going and we have rented 2 houses for the 10 days we will be there costing each couple $620.00 for the 10 days.

Round air fare from Victoria BC....$2010.00

Rent a van Budget Ford Freestar....10 days...$720.00

Entry fees and bullets to cover shoot..and 2 dinner tickets....$551.00

Total....so far....$3901 and then you add food and drink so $6000.00 covers it.

Reg. Todd

16. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Whether I can or can not affort the trip does not matter. I don't jump into something without knowing the cost. If you don't like it when someone asked then you really don't like them because they are smart enought to ask.

17. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

27 signed up or 27 left?

18. Toddy

Toddy Member

The past 3 yearly shoots have had over 50 shooter's signed up but this year we would like to see 50 shooter's from the mainland alone plus the Hawaiian shooter's'

Reg. Todd Sr.

19. ims041

ims041 TS Member

good for you kwakri promote promote promote wish i could afford it have fun! wait i'll be driving you 6 to the airport so i'll say that then. jamie

20. Toddy

Toddy Member

Jan. 31/08.......

I have been in contact with Mark Hironaga and he says that there is room for at least 6+ more shooter's from the mainland and I guess your only problem is getting an air flight and accommodations.

Do your best and hope to see you there.

Reg. Todd, ES, BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.