1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still Some Hope for Conservativism

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Californians, yes Californians, voted to ban "gay" marriage....they should know that marriage is not gay.....*

*My marriage is coming on 30 years in a couple of weeks and this post, in no way is to infer, that MY marriage is not great, wonderful, blissful, special and anything else that is positive....right honey?!?!?!?! :D :D

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gotta agree with 100straight! Doesn't every ballot proposal that passes in CA get overturned by a judge in that state? And after all we should be happy with that, because people who attended law school knows whats best. At least that is what they tell us.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Apparently, Arnold is turning the tide in Cali. John Ertel

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

IMO, whole thing a dumb issue. For example, CEO's, CFO's, presidents, and defense workers at higher security levels, etc., get way more bound up legally to their companies than do married couples to one another. Same sex partnerships can secure the same protections within the legal system as anybody, married or not, given contract making. I think gays and lesbians have every right to be as potentially miserable as anybody else who may face a bad relationship. In the meantime, marriages are good for the economy; the clothiers, wedding planners, food merchangs, wine merchants, etc. It's the American Way.

I the meantime, I am trying to figure out how I can re-marry my wife and get two deductions, marry my cats and trapguns to get even more. Haven't figured out that plan yet. Maybe in San Francisco??

Until then, IMHO, there are much more important issues, particularly the energy and the economy which secure us all. What irks me is the huge amounts of money that were spent on this issue in California; funds that could have been used for any number of other useful purposes in churches, schools, charities, for veterans, boy scouts, and on and on. A dumb waste of resources and a dumb waste of energy. The only folks who won includes the media that profited from the ads. Are there such things as frivilous measures like in lawsuits??

I'm thinking of petitioning to have all dogs and cats wear clothes so children will not see the genitals of animals. After getting enough signatures on a petition, I can promote this idea and receive tons of $$ for organizing this cause...monies that would have been better spent on churches, charities, youth shooting programs etc. But I'm greedy and want the $$!!

Regards to all and shoot well,

David

5. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

But seriously...there are some things that just cry out for action.

What is going to be done about ACORN?

This criminal organization must be at the very least de-funded, if not completely shut down. I know that what we will find is that the votes are cast and counted so there is nothing we can do about the past BUT, we MUST do something about what has happened and see to it that it doesn't happen again!

How can we, the loyal opposition, see to it that this issue does not drop from the radar? With Democrat control of the congress and executive branch, how do we see to it that these frauds are fully investigated and more importantly, that any one who is caught committing Voter Fraud is charged and prosecuted?

There is a Georgia TV station that reported last week that they had found some 112,000 individuals on their rolls that were also registered to vote in at least one other state. They reviewed some and found at least one who had already voted in Georgia and Florida!

Now I know that there are plenty of folks that move and end up in this situation with no intent to commit voter fraud but there needs to be a system in place to monitor this IMHO.

And then there is the issue of campaign donations through the Internet. You would've had to taken the time to dig into this yourself (trust me, you didn't get this through the MSM).

It is criminal what Obama was able to do to raise the $680,000,000.00 to some say as much as $1,000,000,000.00 (yes 1 BILLION) he may have spent to buy this election. He should be investigated to the fullest and all moneys collected illegally should be required to be refunded. I know that is unlikely, again in the climate we find ourselves in but I am not yet ready to concede that.

We know he will follow the Bill Clinton mold and "govern" while he runs for re-election, potentially raising who knows how much in the next 4 years using the loopholes he has found.

How will we see to it that this travesty is not repeated?

I could list other concerns but these two threaten to totally undermine the democratic system our country is based on and strip it of any credibility.

Something MUST be done!

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

trapdady: Nice to see some fresh and logical thinking. "This Bud's for You!"

David

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

100Straight - California voters put a law on the books a couple of years ago. This is what the courts found unconstitutional. It was decided that the way to proceed was to amend the California State Constitution. Proposition 8 amends their constitution. However, several gay rights groups and the ACLU have headed to court.

The California Supreme Court threw out a challenge to Proposition 8, but didn't rule on the merits of the argument. Stay tuned.

It's interesting that gay rights groups have never been able to get a positive ballot proposal or law passed to support gay marriage.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.