1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still paying taxes??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Anybody else out there stupid like me and still paying taxes? I paid my quarterly estimated taxes today 1/15/09 so I decided to drive them to post office to be sure and get the postmark or I could be facing a penalty if a day late.

Stopped at a grocery near the post office to pick up a couple of things. Section 8 housing is in this area. Well anyway got in the check out lane, and the lady in front of me had to be checked out 3 times. She had 4 or 5 gallons of milk and some other stuff in one pile. She used a WIC card to pay for that, had another pile of groceries where she used an EBT card, then the 3rd pile - couple of packs of cigarettes and a couple of candybars, which she paid cash for. She handed the candy bars to her growing 12 year boy who weighed every bit of 300lbs.

Left the grocery and saw a "Papa Murphy's" pizza store, on the sign out front it said - we take EBT. Great I guess since you are supposed to take the pizza home and bake it that qualifies for EBT now.

Then I hear Obama's treasury nominee has failed to pay taxes in the past.

What's the point anymore?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

That's our way of revolting. Stop paying the bastards. It'll take a bunch of us though. Millions and millions of us. Time to cut off the bastards' money supply. Maybe they'll listen or I'll just go to jail.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The way I am going to protest is to simply reduce my taxable income. I am going to spend more money on my rental properties and home, and going to buy more business equipment, am going to donate more time and resources to young shooters. And I am going to work less.

If I have less taxable income, I pay less tax. I might even get an Obama paycheck! LOL

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to change,just get worse.

Welfare may be the answer for all of us.Food stamps,rental assistance,heating,electric,state health,dental for the kids,free school lunch etc.

Maybe we should all stop paying for our lunch,and ask for a free lunch.

Seems like that is the (Trend) nowdays.

Bocephas

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I believe we have to work through May 15th before we actually are able to keep our first dollar for ourselves. Need a tax revote. How many people actually are paying less in property taxes as a result of the declining housing values? None that I've heard of in northeast Ohio. This brainless spending of trillions will ultimately lead to inflation which, in a way, is like a tax; i.e., you pay and get nothing. It's out of control and we will suffer as a result. Darrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.