1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still need help with my grabber

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Briggs, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Was on here last week asking about changing the collett on my 761R Grabber. Got the collett installed but now the machine wont work. I can't even describe what it is doing. Is there anyone in the Peoria/Galesburg, Illinois area who repairs MEC Grabbers or do I send it to the factory? Thanks again

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Grabber just like yours, so maybe I can help. What exactly is it doing or not doing? JM

3. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

I wish I could describe it. When I pull down on the handle, it stops halfway because the sleeve that compresses the collett jams on the lever that moves the sleeve and freezes the machine. If I slide the sleeve up by hand the lever works and the handle goes all the way down.

4. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Thanks guys. I am just going to send it to the factory. It needs a tuneup anyway after 25 years. Appreciate all the help. This is a fantastic community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.