1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Still coping with Irene...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Power was restored Thurs am @ 2. for my household. Some lost (spoiled) groceries and lost frozen harvest were somewhat replenished yesterday only to have the power go out again last nite. But then it came on again.
    This morning I found some were not as fortunate. One homeowner placed a sign on the nearby roadside read, "CLP 8 days?" (Connecticut Light and Power)
    Say O, where's the water, mre's, ice etc. and where's the president bashing press?
    Eight days without well water, without refrigeration, without plumbing, light, cell phone, television or cooking. Eight days of broken trees, fallen branches, shredded leaves, and toting buckets of water.
    In the north, we just cope then sit and wait...and wait...and wait...but then it was just a political storm or was it?

Nevermind. One town decided there was no need to distribute anything to anyone.

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Hell!!!
    I have been coping with Irene for 48 years, found here in Norwich back in 1963,enjoyed every year, Now we are in Florida. What part of Conn. are you in ?
    Woody Sullivan

3. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

:) Eastern CT. Today I read another sign "No power, don't forget us." I felt so bad. Nine days. The homeowner was bringing branches to the curb. Also read that a store that's been in business since 1947 was closing for good because the owners could not absorb the loss of $25,000 of food spoilage.

4. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Last night I spoke with my brother who lives in Hanover, he said he bought a generator a long time ago and this was the first time he used it, it just sat in the garage for years but was started frequently to make sure it worked, same thing I do with mine. Hope you get power back today. Woody Sullivan

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

rpeerless, I know exactly how you feel after going through 3 of them in 13 months!!! After 18 months you could still see the storms damage on roofs, missing landscape, and misc. Hope you have to endure less. Good Luck and Break em all Jeff

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Alaska is looking pretty good !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.