1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sticky cheek

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron y, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron y

ron y TS Member

Any of you fellow trapshooters suffer from a sticky cheek when it gets humid.I have tried face saver and vaseline,,any other products out there that work better? thanks ron

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Try using a little Pledge on your stock. It'll make it nice and slick. That or a little baby powder on your face.

ss

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I would think that a matte or oil finish stock would cause more sticky issues. Perhaps a coat or two of glossy varnish on the comb would solve the problem.

Eric

4. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

I remember when I used some beeswax based polish (originaly bought for my Hi-Fi speaker cabinets with their matched wood) on a stock. Brought the colour and grain out nicely . . . but by crikey it was slippery.

Amdrew.

5. textrap

textrap TS Member

Don't shave the morning you are going to shoot.
    Billy

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<center> View attachment 248035
    </center>...available at just about any sporting goods store that sells running or bicycling gear.

MK

7. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Try a little "Crotch Oil" always works for me and it smells good.

8. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I use Remington SHAVE STICK , cheap and not messy, I carry a tube in my shooting vest.

9. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Ron.....I use the "moleskin" or "molefoam" product from Dr. Scholl's. The latest one is a very smooth fabric with a stick adhesive back. Cut to fit your comb. Change when necessary. Also use the molefoam padding in different thickness as a form of "recoil" suppression on the comb. RUN'EM

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

MK- I have been using Body Glide for a few years. I have tried other stuff but Body Glide is the best I have found so far.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.