1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STI Pistols

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike K P, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I am looking for a compact 1911 .45 and the STI Guardian has caught my eye. I currently have a full size Kimber and don't want to step down as far as quality and reliability. Any input on the STI pistols good or bad would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike Pracht.

2. coltlover

coltlover Member

Mike,
    After owning several models by each manufacturer, my experience has been the STIs are better than the Kimbers. Both companies produce a fantastic product, they both cater to a different target market. Kimber aggressivley markets their pistol line for self defense. While STI has several models designed to fill this niche, they are primarily known their competition pistols (IPSC & to a lesser degree IDPA). You really can't go wrong w/ either. If the Guardian tickles your fancy, go for it!

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

As you can see by my name I have & use a bunch of STI guns. STI or SV make one of the best guns for carry especially IN HI-CAP. OK,Wilson fans,read hi-cap. STI is proven in competition. Completely. Totaly. The K & P guns of pistol shooting. This is definately carried over into their non-comp guns because of the commonality of parts & mfg experience. They would be my first choice for a carry gun,fun gun,house gun,you name it. Tom Lobonc

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

The S&W is an interesting choice. The lite weight is great for carry. Just make sure you shoot it some so as to be familiar with the recoil characteristics.
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.