1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stewart Wins It

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

First time ever that the pole sitter won it.

Ed Yanchok

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

So who'll win tomorrow.

Ed Yanchok

4. tj303

tj303 Member

who cares?

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Who's sponsoring the race?

6. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I shot a few rounds and came home. Stumbled upon it on the tube. Watched the Patriot for the 100th time and forgot about it. From what I saw I`d rather go sit on the bridge over the interstate. That would be a lot more entertaining. At least they pass each other. I`ve got some VERY close family involved heavily in NASCAR. All of them are of the opinion hard times are here for nascar. Its just to dam boring and now the cracker box look alike cars with different stickers...well...nuff said. BTW WWF still wrestles on thursday night. They let them at least play like they`re fighting...

7. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Ed, didn't watch too much of the race -- shot some 16 yard instead -- but was okay with Tony winning. I liked the new #88 winning the Bud Shootout. As for tomorrow, I would love to see Jarrett and Martin finish way up there - they have been my favorites for a long time. Have never been too excited about Little E, but with the change of camps this year, I would likely pull for him in the younger driver group.

8. al391

al391 TS Member

I HATE what NASCAR has done to the series. It took 3 generations to F...it up. Personally I'd like to see Bruton Smith start a new series..........use real cars, like the poney cars of old. Fuel injection and over head cam motors.

OH well, not going to happen, that's why NASCAR no longer calls their program a race.......They call it a show.

Jack

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

People Identify with the brand. I would like to see them race front drive clones of production models like the masses are forced to buy. they could call it Clown Car Racing.

HM

10. vdt

vdt Active Member

#2,but love to see #45 do it

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Toyota. They are making lot's of horsepower.

12. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Hey threedueces ever stopped by the ford dealership to look at one of those 2 door ford sedans? Yes I did pay attention. I don`t think you will find one. A cracker box is a cracker box. You just get the winged version tommorrow...

No need me arguing about nascar they have ruined the sport all by themselves. Wonder what gimmick they will use tommorrow. Some big singing star with a pre race show? Micheal Jackson?? he he he I`ve got better things to do...

13. mobear

mobear Member

Chuck,

If you want a dodge to win I think your best bet would be to root for Reed Sorenson.

14. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Nascar hands out the restrictor plates beofre every day`s practice or race then takes them back. Exactly how hard would it be to give one out 1/64th(thats all it would take...thats 50 hp) of a inch bigger. With GM,Chrysler and Ford in pending bankruptsy soon do you not think Nascar is looking at toyota to the the new cash cow? You got to win to get reeled in...

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hey Ed Y

Now this don't have anything to do with trap shooting so you should had put the letters O/T in front of it so that way over 500 people wouldn't have opened it im sure everyone was thinking about something related to trap shooing so they had to open it up.

Ok for myself I would like to see Mo-Par clean house this year no matter who the driver is I think it is about time for a change.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/autos/nascar/?action=view&current=Petty_Charger_thumb_1__resized.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I grew up on selling the S.T.P. product and always got all the free stickers I wanted even got into trouble at my grade school for passing them out.

Well heck I think Bo or Luke could make Nascar more exciting from what I have sen in the last few years.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/autos/nascar/?action=view&current=General_Lee_swamp_jump_thumb_1__lar.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I used to feel the same way as you about Stewart, MIA. Then I watched some very in-depth interviews and shows about the man. That "attitude" is very mis-interpreted.

The reason that he acts that way is because he hates all of the "pomp" that is involved with the sport. The man just wants to race. He loves the fans, but he despises NASCAR and what they have done with the sport. He has actually discussed quitting NASCAR and returning to DIRT.

He says what keeps him where he is , is the fans. He came right out and said that it sure as hell isn't the money. He has plenty.

Take a look at what he does for other racers, both young and old, and you'll see that he is one class act.

With all of that said, Go out there and win the Daytona 500 Mark!!!

17. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

18. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Good grief,,what a pathetic performance by Chubby Checker, etc, etc, etc. Been watching since 1972, but NASCAR needs to step back and analyze just what it's doing with this 'side show' crap.

19. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well it looks like Mo-Par did win today with 6 out of the top 10 spots.

I remember a few years ago I wished that Ryan Newman would do good and it looks like it happened at a good time for the 50th anversity of the Daytona.

Anyway I thought it is going to be a Mo-Par year this year.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/people/Famous%20people/?action=view&current=ryannewman.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Well hope Mo-par continues to win this year.

Fog

20. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

What on that car is mopar? The emblem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.