1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Steve's DUI Lawnmower Arrest - FUNNY!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

George Jones was arrested on his John Deere lawn tractor more than once.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That's a good one! Classic!

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Construction worker in Minnesota using a Cat for road building was arrested and covicted of DUI for being UI while operating the Cat.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My father inlaw was arrested on his horse. He went to town and tied him up outside, got drunk and when he left the town marshall got him. They said he was asleep on his horse going down the road. He beat the ticket as I remember. Good ole Kansas boy he was

5. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I know a guy got a DUI on a four wheeler driving down the side of the road about 3 am. He had four cases of beer on the cargo rack. Guess he was having a party.

6. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I know of two seperate unconventional DUI's in our local area. One was a fellow driving a skid loader. He was spinning circles in the middle of the intersection of a U.S. highway that ran right through the middle of our town. After he spun it around several times he drove up to a convenience store and ran over several bags of salt that were stacked outside. He refused to pay for the damaged salt bags and became beligerant (sp) with the shop owner who called the Police. He had enough prior DUIs that he did several month's worth in the county jail.

The other one was a smart alec on a moped. He crashed the moped and then fought with the officers. He spent time in the pokey too. Like my dad says.... No brains! No headaches!

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

As memory serves, in Kentucky, a man was cited for DUI while riding a lawnmower erratically on his own property and another was cited for DUI while in a motorized wheelchair on a public sidewalk.

I had to go to traffic court for a moving violation in the 1980's and, along with the blood and gore films, an officer mentioned these incidents.

Alcohol and any conveyance, public or private land, puts you at risk of DUI.

Ed Ward

8. letts

letts TS Member

While hunting in Garfield county Montana years ago the Sherrif was making his rounds by horse as he had been arested for DWI while in a neighboring county. When you visted the local saloon you could always tell who he was, because he was the only one with his sidearm. He actually appeared to be a pretty good guy and was very cordial to all of us out of state hunters.

Letts

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A local biker broke down along the side of the road. He was arrested while pushing his Harley back home for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.

He fought it, but it stuck!

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Reflecting back on our younger days, how many of us could say "there but for the grace of God go I?"

In 1968, I remember being stopped at about 2 AM in Williamsburg, VA on a Saturday night by a city policeman. I was wearing only swimming trunks and sun glasses. I had been swimming earlier in the day at the Ft. Eustis Officers Club and was "three sheets to the wind" after attending an impromptu going away party for a fellow officer. I wore only swim trunks and a shirt to the pool and had left my regular glasses at home as I was only going for a brief swim. I never found the shirt.

I had driven over 20 miles, including clearing post security, when I was stopped. The officer asked how I was and where I was going and I replied (slowly) to my nearby residence. Fortunately, I was within a half mile of the house I was renting and the streets were deserted.

The policeman said that he was ex-army and that he would follow me home to ensure that I arrived safely. He then had me walk to the back of my vehicle and assisted me in removing a 20' tree branch that was entangled in my rear bumper. He then followed me home and left.

To this day, I don't remember driving off road but I must have gone through someone's property as the tree branch was cleanly cut off from the trunk with a saw. It was attached to my car by a small limb hooked under the bumper.

He was a nice cop.

Ed Ward

11. Bubba

Bubba Member

Looks like Steve is a regular visitor of the local jail. lol