1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STEVENS 512 GOLDWING

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Loyac, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

SAVAGE distributes them, but where are these "Affordable" shotguns made? Thanks. john

2. bassetguy

bassetguy TS Member

Made in Turkey - My buddy has one and its a good value

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I had two of them. Bought for my wife as she wanted to try doubles. First one lasted exactly 76 rounds before the safety jammed and lower barrel wouldnt fire. Stevens replaced it. The second one, like the first had a really creepy long trigger pull. She shot it 100 rds, then we sold it. I was not impressed. Like they say " ya get what ya pay for."

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I bought two of them, a 12 gauge and a 20. They were the ones where the receivers were silver finished that Dick's had on special. Never had any trouble with either one. I did clean up the barrel latch on the 20 with a small file to make it easier for my wife to open, it probably would have worn in with use, but I take care of things like that for her. They are field grade guns. The 12 is pretty light with a face slapping kick, but the 20 is a joy to shoot. It is not very fancy, but it always goes bang and breaks a lot of targets. I still use the 20 for skeet or sporting clays when my trap shooting buddies don't make it to the club.

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have 1 in a 20 ga. I haven't shot it alot maybe 100 rounds but love to shoot it, No problems so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trigger pull stevens 512